• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Fashion Thoughts (Part 3: Style farmer strikes back) - our general discussion thread

happyriverz

Reaction score
Aside from designers themselves, such as Rick Owens, does anyone know of any good SWD style icons that are over the age of 50? Ideally people outside of the fashion industry, but also happy to take suggestions of people within the fashion trade.

Especially interested in people who wear more challenging outfits, like Rick Owens stuff, after the age of 50.

Steve McQueen (the Director), Thom Yorke, and Jude Law.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I 100% was influenced by a photo of Gonz back in the 80s. Not only for the ollie sequence, but the 7-11 shirt over the long sleeve at the time to my teenage eyes was definitely a thing. Gonz still doing his thing today. I think to that era of skater you could add Tommy Guerroro too the list. He's alway seemed pretty put together doing his music when I've seen him.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Anyone have sw&d recommendations for Barcelona or Lisbon? Gonna be visiting next week and want to see if there's anything worth checking out. FWIW, most of my new purchases end up coming from shops like Haven, Darkside or Union, but I still like looking though stores with interesting buys just to see things in person. Also open to any suggestions on what to see and eat.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of really great pictures/video of Mark Gonzales and his insane outfits pretty much every day on his wife, Tia's Instagram. He talks about clothes pretty often in interviews and stuff (favorite shirts: Charvet and Turnbull & Asser, favorite socks: Jay Kos). I saw him skating once in New York all by himself trying to jump over some playground fence in orange Tods loafers and a seersucker jacket.

dkt

Reaction score
I just don't like kawhi leonard, he is ugly as **** and he looks like he stepped out of the ghetto to play ball. And he is taking the easy way out on how to win a championship. He should try to play all 82 games in a season at least once in his career or he should be a bench player. Faking an "injury" all season long and then playing 20+ playoff games in a row is just being dishonest. He also has an abismal 9,237 career points (compared to 33,655 from LeBron James) and he really thinks he is on the same level as the GOAT and be better than him.

HJ0dto4.png

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aside from designers themselves, such as Rick Owens, does anyone know of any good SWD style icons that are over the age of 50? Ideally people outside of the fashion industry, but also happy to take suggestions of people within the fashion trade.

Especially interested in people who wear more challenging outfits, like Rick Owens stuff, after the age of 50.

Don't know if style icon qualifies but Seal and John Waters.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads