• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Gsvs5

Reaction score
I was happy to see Portobello (Top End) has not changed too much in the past 30 years.I used to have a stall under the flyover (right where flyfronteds' avatar was photographed i believe) in the early 80's.Still has the Portuguese cafe's which do great cakes and pastries,the odd piss head and the Chip shop.There is no longer a riot van permanently parked on the corner of All Saints now though,and the ****** seem to have dissapeared.

Gsvs5

Reaction score

It's been bugging me,but I just found out what these jackets were .They are 'Towncraft" label and were sold by J.C.Penney back then.
p.s.
This jacket was also done as the Derby Jacket of San Francisco.Different variations with different lining weights and also pocket details (Flap/zippered)

Last edited:

Lasttye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was happy to see Portobello (Top End) has not changed too much in the past 30 years.I used to have a stall under the flyover (right where flyfronteds' avatar was photographed i believe) in the early 80's.Still has the Portuguese cafe's which do great cakes and pastries,the odd piss head and the Chip shop.There is no longer a riot van permanently parked on the corner of All Saints now though,and the ****** seem to have dissapeared.

Yep The Mangrove it went years ago, the whole of All Saints road is now gentrified. I remember the good old days when it was the front line :D..I lived in Ledbury road..my ex wife still does.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems we cannot win.Some Areas are third world and others have the curse of the trendies all over them.:)

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John (Brideshead / Mr Knightley) emailed to say he is still around, reading the thread, etc. but still having posting problems.

He has tried to PM the moderators, but isn't even sure whether the PM function is working.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John (Brideshead / Mr Knightley) emailed to say he is still around, reading the thread, etc. but still having posting problems.

He has tried to PM the moderators, but isn't even sure whether the PM function is working.
Thanks MOM. I may now be allowed to post. See if this appears.

Brownie - I have PM'ed you. PM me if you don't get it and I'll give you my email.

Last edited:

flyfronted

Reaction score
Yep The Mangrove it went years ago, the whole of All Saints road is now gentrified. I remember the good old days when it was the front line
biggrin.gif
..I lived in Ledbury road..my ex wife still does.
Some cracking clothes shops on Ledbury rd nowdays - Matches being top quality .

flyfronted

Reaction score

It's been bugging me,but I just found out what these jackets were .They are 'Towncraft" label and were sold by J.C.Penney back then.
p.s.
This jacket was also done as the Derby Jacket of San Francisco.Different variations with different lining weights and also pocket details (Flap/zippered)

meanwhile in Kingston J. A. The Man who would changed all Dance music forever .

natrodgers79

Reaction score

p.s.
Fella on the left. Pull his high water trou down so as they break at his shoes, and that look is as good today, as it was 50 years ago.

Last edited:

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks MOM.  I may now be allowed to post.  See if this appears.

Brownie - I have PM'ed you.  PM me if you don't get it and I'll give you my email.

So you are a Jane Austen character now(thinking back to my A level English) ?

Before that you were an Evelyn Waugh character.

This thread is usually more 'Eastenders' than 'Downton Abbey' :D

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks MOM.  I may now be allowed to post.  See if this appears.

Brownie - I have PM'ed you.  PM me if you don't get it and I'll give you my email.

Hello Mate,yes I received your PM.but I cannot answer it(I cannot PM you-no facilities on your Page).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads