• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the sort of thing a Rangers fan would call a Celtic supporter.
Lol
About 13yrs ago , I recall a game whereby this particular defender in a team was very tall and as he tried to head the ball back to his own keeper , he actually lobbed the guy and scored an OG. This meant that , when the team l support met that team the following week they had already secured the title for us .
So , whenever that big defender got the ball it sounded like the whole stadium were shouting "Heed!":-D

Inkss

Reaction score
I thought l saw you in there , Paul. However, on closer inspection l don't think it was. .
If you mean the fella standing behind the old Noel Coward-looking bloke in the hat, I thought the same.

andyf

Reaction score

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought l saw you in there , Paul. However, on closer inspection l don't think it was. .

I don't think I was. I would have noticed. :D

Just about every pic ever taken of me back then now seems to be in worldwide circulation anyway. Not sure I'm totally pleased about that, but hey.

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have certainly seen Pete Heed before. .

We have. He's totally contemporary. Regarded himself and his mates as "mods" throughout the era, though the clothes they wore and the scene they were in - right down to the aggro - was practically indistinguishable from the skins. Probably less football and less in the way of boots.

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just about every pic ever taken of me back then now seems to be in worldwide circulation anyway. Not sure I'm totally pleased about that, but hey.
I totally get that , MoM . Privacy is a thing of the past .

And with your image in worldwide circulation, l don't think you are likely to get the gig with the SAS anymore. .

Gsvs5

Reaction score
We have. He's totally contemporary. Regarded himself and his mates as "mods" throughout the era, though the clothes they wore and the scene they were in - right down to the aggro - was practically indistinguishable from the skins. Probably less football and less in the way of boots.
Exactly My recollections

Inkss

Reaction score
I don't think I was. I would have noticed. :D

Luckily/unluckily there's only family photos of myself under the age of 16 (maybe a couple in my mid-20s) and photos of myself over the age of 40. Which, quite frankly, nobody would be interested in or have any cultural/historical significance. Very camera-shy in the intervening years.

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloke with the POW jacket is Pete Heed.
Thought that I'd seen his face before, and the name reminded me that his photo has cropped up on another forum before.

Pre crop
IMG_8142.JPG

Post crop
p
IMG_8143.jpg

What a difference an haircut makes and probably a couple of years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics