• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Darksideoftheforce

Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair of tassel loafers from Delicious Junction? What's been your experience with them? Are their sizes pretty standard or do you find yourself sizing up or down when buying a pair of loafers in general? They can be ordered from Adaptor Clothing and available in UK sizes which is 1 size down from US sizes.

[ATTACHMENT=3593]dj.jpg (146k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair of tassel loafers from Delicious Junction? What's been your experience with them? Are their sizes pretty standard or do you find yourself sizing up or down when buying a pair of loafers in general? They can be ordered from Adaptor Clothing and available in UK sizes which is 1 size down from US sizes.
Their sizes are pretty standard in my 'one' experience of them. I bought a pair of oxblood brogue boots from them.

I had to sell them on immediately! they were a terrible 'high shine' patent type leather. You can't polish them and they are very plastic looking.
Shudder.....I try not to think about them anymore. Time hasn't healed my experience with them.

(I'd avoid mate, they look ok'ish in photo's but they are crap for the fairly high price they demand. Try Loake 'Brighton' loafers? or the DM ones? very affordable, but they are a little 'chunky' looking)

These are the Loake Brighton loafers. I bought some second hand 3 years ago. Still going strong.

Last edited:

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

It's a well-known NI-Protestant saying, and co-incidentally the title of an excellent book by journalist Geoffrey Beattie, published in 1992, about the NI Protestant community, and how accurate or inaccurate the public perception of it was. Bloody excellent bit of reportage, now a mater of social history - I have it on my bookshelf.
I know Prof Beattie, he lives here in Didsbury - I'm a friend of his daughter and son-in-law. :satisfied:

A big boxing fan, he's written a few books on the 'noble art'.

(He's currently Dean of Psychology at Manchester Uni.)

Darksideoftheforce

Reaction score

Darksideoftheforce,are you the other side of the "Pond"?

Yes I am Brownie.

Their sizes are pretty standard in my 'one' experience of them. I bought a pair of oxblood brogue boots from them.

I had to sell them on immediately! they were a terrible 'high shine' patent type leather. You can't polish them and they are very plastic looking.
Shudder.....I try not to think about them anymore. Time hasn't healed my experience with them.

(I'd avoid mate, they look ok'ish in photo's but they are crap for the fairly high price they demand. Try  Loake 'Brighton' loafers? or the DM ones? very affordable, but they are a little 'chunky' looking)

These are the Loake Brighton loafers. I bought some second hand 3 years ago. Still going strong.

Soundspressure, thanks for that bit of info. I must say those Loake Brighton Loafers look pretty good. Which is what drew me to the Delicious Junctions which has a similar look. I just can't find loafers of similar design at most stores here in the states. But the Loakes are a bit pricier at £145.00 here www.loake.co.uk/brighton.html compared to £74.99 for the DJ loafers at theAdaptor clothing website, factoring in the dollar exchange rate of course.

Btw here's a review on this very same subject

Man-of-Mystery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know Prof Beattie, he lives here in Didsbury - I'm a friend of his daughter and son-in-law. :satisfied:
A big boxing fan, he's written a few books on the 'noble art'.
(He's currently Dean of Psychology at Manchester Uni.)

Jings, what a small world! Tell him his book's a boster!

Yankee

Reaction score
That London store display shot is ben Sherman, arguably they have the right. But I really don't like this pseudo skinhead trend that's all the rage. I wonder how much of it is from fashion designers visiting this thread?

My main gripe is because because the main people wearing it are latte sipping fashionista metrosexuals who have no clue what a skin is. And would be disturbed by the connection. And no crops, usually I see it with bizarre hitler youth haircuts.
Look at Brutus' look book to see what I mean.

I'm all for revivals of subcultures, but not when it gets muddled and has all the teeth pulled out of it.

Even saw a Harry (with a damned hood!) on the street being worn by some young rich slob in ladies jeans, sloppy turnups, and shapless 700 dollar boots. Was tempted to jokingly stick out my brown skinned hand into a sieg heil and say "oi skinhead!" to see his reaction, but I was with family.

And then there's this:
windowslivewriterashtonkutcherinredsuspendersandlookinggr-13be9ashton-kutcher-red-suspenders-2.jpg

http://thegloss.com/fashion/ashton-kutcher-in-red-suspenders-and-looking-green/

And talking about erasing history... Anyone notice the huge cultural omission from the opening ceremony? No skins or rudies, or reggae. Plenty of Austin powers though.

Last edited:

yankmod

Reaction score
That London store display shot is ben Sherman, arguably they have the right. But I really don't like this pseudo skinhead trend that's all the rage. I wonder how much of it is from fashion designers visiting this thread?
My main gripe is because because the main people wearing it are latte sipping fashionista metrosexuals who have no clue what a skin is. And would be disturbed by the connection. And no crops, usually I see it with bizarre hitler youth haircuts.
I'm all for revivals of subcultures, but not when it gets muddled and has all the teeth pulled out of it.
Even saw a Harry (with a damned hood!) on the street being worn by some young rich slob in ladies jeans, sloppy turnups, and shapless 700 dollar boots. Was tempted to jokingly stick out my brown skinned hand into a sieg heil and say "oi skinhead!" to see his reaction, but I was with family.
And then there's this:
windowslivewriterashtonkutcherinredsuspendersandlookinggr-13be9ashton-kutcher-red-suspenders-2.jpg

And talking about erasing history... Anyone notice the huge cultural omission from the opening ceremony? No skins or rudies, or reggae. Plenty of Austin powers though.
Strange,they did Mods but like you say no skins rudies or reggae/ska.Very pleased there were no serious problems at the games.

Darksideoftheforce

Reaction score

And then there's this:

Actually at the opening ceremony of the Olympics they briefly played "A Message To you Rudy" for maybe about two seconds. Just the opening line "Stop your messing around.."

yankmod

Reaction score
Found these on a flickr deal.The first is another photo of 2 guys seen here once before.The other photo I hadn't seen.

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DMs - new store launch in Manchester.

And hardly a 'bone-dome' in sight. :satisfied:

The usual Tossers-Trendies,Models and those there for a Freebie.What stupid Colours they are coming out with now!!

And then there's this:

I like that Yankee- "Latte sipping fashionista metrosexuals":)

When they have Programmes about the 60s,on T.V.,we always get erased.According to the likes of the B.B.C.etc.,the Beatles etc.were the 60s(no they fcking were not,in London(about `63) they were being pushed aside by the Rythmn and Blues Scene-The Rolling Stones etc.)Even my Mum could not stand them .They always show the same Scenes.Hippies prancing about,Grosvenor Square,a bit of Carnaby Street(but mostly Kings Road).The reason being,they are middle class Liberalists-who want to invent their own History.We do not exist,because they do not want us to!!!!Go with the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics.

I will say one thing here-I wish Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend would stop calling themselves "The Who".They were a complete Group-that is why I liked them.One half of that Group are dead,so leave it at that.Go under their own Names.
Sorry went off Track there!!!!!:embar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads