• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

Raff72

Reaction score
Woulda made a sound Richard Allen novel... Joe Hawkins and his satanic band of bovver boys raise Cthulu from the depths of hell...

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score
I hadn't seen this before (more music-orintated, than clothing) but reckon it's worth a look:

http://www.****-fi.com/skinhead_reggae

Apologies if a re-post. :slayer:

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Twilight Zone stuff, Colin!
:marchal::devil::eek:

Woulda made a sound Richard Allen novel... Joe Hawkins and his satanic band of bovver boys raise Cthulu from the depths of hell...

I thought I would change the direction a bit-instead of talking about bleeding Buses...:) No Offence Fellas!!!!

I hadn't seen this before (more music-orintated, than clothing) but reckon it's worth a look:
http://www.****-fi.com/skinhead_reggae
Apologies if a re-post. :slayer:

No you are ok on this one Ed.Always thought the "Skinhead Reggae" was the end of the line.Organ driven Instrumentals used to get me going more frequently to the Bar(thats my excuse)..

International Times (IT) 1969
http://cwblacks.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/13.jpg
If your eyes are anything like mine (may God help you :embar:) you'll need to use the 'zoom' on your pc/mac

Social Workers-don`t you just love them :)

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

I thought I would change the direction a bit-instead of talking about bleeding Buses...:) No Offence Fellas!!!!
No you are ok on this one Ed.Always thought the "Skinhead Reggae" was the end of the line.Organ driven Instrumentals used to get me going more frequently to the Bar(thats my excuse)..
Social Workers-don`t you just love them :)

They had no idea... :satisfied:

I needed some light relief after the ouija-board/seance incident. :marchal:

My mates - I had a bird that night :satisfied: - did one.

One of the fellas ended up with severe leg burns from a gas fire, in the room where they'd held it, after falling asleep, there.

The fire wasn't connected and hadn't worked for years.

They never did another. :nodding:

Basset

Reaction score
I had a mate in Bath and I applied to Bristol Cityline but never got the job. They had VR's and only two of the old style half cabs left. Muller Road is often talked about by people from Bristol. Man all this nostalgia and maybe that's why I'm in this skinhead thing? I just cannot let go of the past and prefer the old to the new and every time I walk in the boozer back north the place reverts straight back to the seventies and eighties as my selection goes on the jukebox, much to the delight of many who give it the thumbs up and to the bemusement of the younger crowd who have only heard and read about the skinhead/mod/ punk culture. There are a few younger skinheads kicking around I'm pleased to say especially up in Sunderland.

Im from Bristol, had a mate back in the 80's who worked in the muller rd depot, its the longest road in the city without a boozer on it

browniecj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They had no idea... :satisfied:
I needed some light relief after the ouija-board/seance incident. :marchal:
My mates - I had a bird that night :satisfied: - did one.
One of the fellas ended up with severe leg burns from a gas fire, in the room where they'd held it, after falling asleep, there.
The fire wasn't connected and hadn't worked for years.
They never did another. :nodding:

When you dabble,you just do not know what you are getting into.Just a laugh they say......

soundsnpressure

Reaction score
Too true.
I'm glad I wasn't there... or I'd be in some 'bin' now.
wow.gif

Ha ha. Load of ol' toss the occult. Goth shite
biggrin.gif

Skinhead music in the 60's was referred to as 'devil music' by the old fuddy duddy's (apparently?) . Just like rock n roll in the mid 50's
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Just play them high notes on your piano. that keeps the demons' at bay.

Last edited:

Ed Vaughan

Reaction score

Ha ha. Load of ol' toss the occult. Goth shite :D
Skinhead music in the 60's was referred to as 'devil music' by the old fuddy duddy's (apparently?) . Just like rock n roll  in the mid 50's
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Just play them high notes on your piano. that keeps the demons' at bay.
Hmmmm...

I was out on the lash one night with a mate - skinny Den (RIP) - and we got into a ruck with some 'paddies'.

As a result me and him, versus four, big, Irish fellas... I was launched through the fruit & veg shop window.

Now, I was 'tired and emotional' and, upon waking up - thank fuq I was wearing a long, leather coat - circa 1972 - I was only concussed and had a few stitches in the head... I survived without body lacerations.

But, I was taken to the Manchester Royal Infirmary (MRI), where I experienced some of the craziest 'hallucinations' you wouldn't want to have had.

I was put in a side ward, having been unconscious for a while - remember, this was 40 years ago - I 'awoke' to find a nun, looking on me and telling me I'd be fine... I just about shat masel'!

As a Scottish 'Prod', nuns were like garlic to a vampire and I went 'radio-rental'... and legged it... tubes and all.

In later years, I checked if the MRI, had been an 'alms-house' or whether the land had been home to a convent or some such place.... it hadn't.

But, I did meet a locum, doctor, who reckoned that staff had encountered people, wearing 'obscure clothes' appearing in corridors that were, essentially, 'cul-de-sacs' who had just 'vanished'.

To this day, all those years ago, I know what I saw and, honest, I'm no more of a nutter, than you lot. (Draw your own conclusions on the last bit.) :nodding:

Last edited:

Yankee

Reaction score
Wow, never would have guessed this thread to go where it has!

Did Any of you see or hear about sabbath when they were still called Earth in '69?

Shep

Reaction score
Evening one and all, best do a quick intro, Coatesy, skinhead, 45 (nearly), from Bristol, married, 2 kids one 10 the other 12, plasterer, know quite a few members on this thread, Roy,Shep,Will,Noddy and more i suspect.Roy told me about this thread a while back so i thought i'd get me ass in gear and have a look, bloody hell over 500 posts its taking some reading, good stuff and nice to see people sharing info, experiences, and opinions without it descending into the usual slanging matches which seem to happen on various other forums when it comes to clobber. Think thats about it, will try and join in and contribute although my knowledge is limited.
Welcome along Mike.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads