1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mod to Suedehead

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Spirit of 69, Nov 19, 2008.

1. moonstomp

moonstomp New Member

Leather harrington!! Never saw one would never wear one, Leather was strictly for grebos back then. Liked the pic of the chelsea boys @ Euston, so young!!! all teens & very early twenties.Just like the mob I was with al kids wanting to show how up for it they were. The Shed back then though small was evil for away fans!
    Went there early 75..got battered beyond belief! Still we asked for it giving it the big un! HA HA
    I could write for hours about those times. Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

Longshot...he dead...as if you didnt Know!!

Keep Right On!

DES

2. Basset

Basset Senior member

Ive got a old C&A monkey jacket good quality tbh, same as some of the old St Michael stuff which was well made, like you say Levi leather trucker not easy to come by in larger sizes and always fetch good dough, two reasons why i dont own one, thought i'd found one the other weekend, alas it was a copy and a crap one at that. Managed to get a suede Towncraft/Jc Penney copy of a Levi, good quality made in Mexico of all places, que the carpet fitter joke [​IMG]

3. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Once it's been worn and battered about a bit - and rained on... i reckon you've done well.

I'm too fat for one and, a waist-length jacket just emphasises the girth.

Looking at prices for the 'real deal' - c £300-£400 - why not?

Anyway, it's how you wear the gear, IMHO. :nodding:

4. Ed Vaughan

Ed Vaughan Senior member

Can't fault you. :satisfied:

5. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

I ordered a denim one fairly recently on one of the Levi's sales, ran into the same problems I usually wear a 2XL but as I've heard many times before the trucker is meant to fit a bit snug and that does not fare well if you have belly, its all fine if you never want to button the thing I suppose, but if I did want to I would need more like a 3XL which would in turn be too big in other areas and those sizes never go on sell, couple that with broader than average shoulders and you got a recipe for a jacket being too short and not buttoning without cutting off proper oxygen flow.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  6. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

Got a Black Leather Levi Jacket about 3/4 years ago.Very happy with it!!!:)

7. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

Would love to see a photo of the jacket.

8. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

This thread is always fascinating reading, the details, the minutae, the anecdotes, etc.
    Anyroad, seeing about 100 pages or so back, people were talking about jungle greens, how expensive/dear they are, and hard to source, here's an online surplus shop that carries them. Got a pair and sewed in a 1" turnup, they're great work pants and I wear them pretty much every day on the job. Just ordered 2 more pair.
    I suppose this link is more for us Septics than yous Britons, as I don't know if they ship overseas, but here's the link anyways:

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USAhttp://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/US1004/Basic_Four_Pocket_Fatigue_Pants___Made_in_USA

OK, carry on with the best skinhead "forum" on the net. As an aside, and for what it's worth, I'm not digging that Levi leather trucker, just screams "fetishist" to me, sorry!

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

K guys,

So, here's the deal. We need to rename this thread A big corporation that starts with a "G" and has two "o"s, is really putting the heat up on websites for some reason. I'd love to stand on principle, but unfortunately, that would be like resisting an actual, not movie, alien invasion. Our choices are:
    1) Change the name of the thread. Unfortunately, we can't teach stupid. But they are huge, and we are tiny.
    2) Move the thread to dumb threads, which would be private, but would make the thread impossible to spider, etc... It would also make the thread unfindable by new users.

I thiink that we need to just change the title. I need some suggestions, and for you guys to help me out. It's clearly not the best situation, and I have no idea why they are getting so nuts, but things are what they are.

Cheers,

Fok.

10. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior member

What are they objecting to in particular? Difficult to think of an alternative perhaps 'Spirit of 69' ? Original poster and a book reference too.

11. yankmod

yankmod Senior member

I'm ignorant of these things.Could you explain why and how this big corp.can demand this switch.Thanks.

12. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Wow, Big Brother!!!!

Not that I'm any sort of main "face" or have any clout on this forum but what about,

"Traditional Skins" as opposed to "Traditional Skinheads"?

or

"Beers, Bovver, and Birds"

Ridiculous really, the fact that *Gargle* put the hammer down without reading the meat of the thread, and pass judgement on people whom they don't like due to the perceived notion that we pass judgment on people we don't like!

13. ShortBackAndSides

ShortBackAndSides Active Member

There were a couple of shops on Camden High Street, on the right hand side as you walk from the tube station to the market, selling Levi style leather jackets a few weeks ago. Starting price in one shop was £100. Was going to try one on, but the high pressure salesman put my back up straight away so I may a swift exit.

14. harrysgame

harrysgame Senior member

15. Sirryacus

Sirryacus Senior member

Vultures will be Vultures.

16. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

Well as the creator of the thread (I used the username Spirit of 69 back then) I think a name change would be better than making the thread private.

I like the Beer, Bovver & Birds suggestion or something like Boots & Braces

Or how about something like Peanuts, Suedeheads, Rudeboys & Smoothies? ;) ;)

Or how about as Kingstonian suggested Spirit of 69?

17. London Rudeboy

London Rudeboy Senior member

On black leather bomber jackets, I remember getting my first one in 76, and nearly everyone I knew had one then, very popluar with jeans & boots.

18. Basset

Basset Senior member

19. browniecj

browniecj Senior member

No problem.There were Leather Jackets worn(Black or otherwise) and believe me we were not Fetish---well just a little!!!!:)