• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mod to Suedehead

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same as what i did, apart from the insoles.

I like the black ones too
I have fancied a pair of the black ones too but l have never seen them in real life and in pictures they have a plasticy look. .

I also like the look of the ones that MOdshoes do with a leather sole , they look smart. .

lynx69

Reaction score
Just a slightly modified pair of oxblood Grafters. .

Btw few weeks ago, I saw tv reportage about Brexit. There was interview with local shoe manufacturer Flexiko who is making "working boots(!?)" called Monkey boots for customer based near London. The customer made last huge order because he don't know what will happen after the Brexit, so there is possibility we will lose original Grafter Monkey's thanks to Brexit. :-(

Bela Kun

Reaction score
Got rid of the yellow laces , went over the yellow stitching with boot oxblood polish and put some comfy insoles in the Blighters. .:cool2:

Oh ok, that's how I modified mine too.

Btw few weeks ago, I saw tv reportage about Brexit. There was interview with local shoe manufacturer Flexiko who is making "working boots(!?)" called Monkey boots for customer based near London. The customer made last huge order because he don't know what will happen after the Brexit, so there is possibility we will lose original Grafter Monkey's thanks to Brexit. :-(

Interesting. What do you mean by local manufacturer - you mean in Slovakia?

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is much propaganda about GB leaving the Union that is Europe. Remember the mass panic over the " millennium bug" , world coming to an end etc. .?

The Saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit different this though pal.
I don't think we can get into politics on these pages but suffice to say the UK public were tricked into voting yes to the EEC in 1975 . Now despite saying they want to leave what insidiously became a Union, parliament have other ideas . .

lynx69

Reaction score
Oh ok, that's how I modified mine too.

Interesting. What do you mean by local manufacturer - you mean in Slovakia?

Nope, in Czech Republic :) The company is called Flexiko http://www.flexiko.cz/cs/

There is much propaganda about GB leaving the Union that is Europe. Remember the mass panic over the " millennium bug" , world coming to an end etc. .?

I know, the possibility of WW3 will be higher if you really leave EU :-D

andyf

Reaction score
I have fancied a pair of the black ones too but l have never seen them in real life and in pictures they have a plasticy look. .

I also like the look of the ones that MOdshoes do with a leather sole , they look smart. .
Black ones don’t look any less plasticky than oxblood ones. I have both. And a pair of Clark’s desert boots as well. Had em about 5 years ( desert boots I mean) so comfy.
Use monkey boots for work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads