• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very pleased with my Luxire service so far on a trial shirt, trial pants, corduroys, and sky blue oxford. Fit, adherence to measurements, and general quality have been excellent. However, the last shirt came with some sort of smudge or stain on the inside of the shirt.

The smudge did not come out after a wash on the delicate cycle. Could anyone offer advice on what to do about it? Thanks!

Overall, I too have been thrilled with my Luxire experiences. (I've placed maybe 20 orders for perhaps 30 items.)

I did however have two shirts arrive once with similar grease stains on the outside. I communicated the issue with Luxire but couldn't be bothered to send them back for assessment. Unfortunately after a year of washing/wearing, the marks are still as prominent as ever. The hypothesis at the time was sewing machine oil for what it's worth.

Last edited:

thefoxtooth

Reaction score
Overall, I too have been thrilled with my Luxire experiences. (I've placed maybe 20 orders for perhaps 30 items.)

I did however have two shirts arrive once with similar grease stains on the outside. I communicated the issue with Luxire but couldn't be bothered to send them back for assessment. Unfortunately after a year of washing/wearing, the marks are still as prominent as ever. The hypothesis at the time was sewing machine oil for what it's worth.

Naphtha (lighter fluid) will take out machine oil. Use that, then a squirt of Oxi-Clean stain remover, or a soak in a strong Oxi solution.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Quick question, am I measuring hips / half-hips in the right way? I know it says here to take the largest measurement, but how far do you go before you're taking a thigh measurement at the same time? Thanks everyone.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shirts have to have some ease in the cut otherwise you won't have any freedom of movement. It looks too close to your body everywhere. If you really are wedded to this look then try back side pleats.

yeknal

Reaction score
That waist is far too tight, especially as it relates to the rest of the shirt: it is more suited to the shape of a comic superhero.

Shirts have to have some ease in the cut otherwise you won't have any freedom of movement. It looks too close to your body everywhere. If you really are wedded to this look then try back side pleats.

I completely agree and I am working to fix the fit else where (in the body and waist)...But I am mostly looking to fix the issue in the shoulders and back area...My problem is there is only pulling in the back under the armpit

@breakaway01 I am not a fan of the look but I don't know how to fix the fit over all

Thanks for your comments and I am open to any critiques as i am new to MTM

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flvinny521

Reaction score
I've seen this covered sporadically throughout this thread, but would like to get a consensus. For those of you who don't like button down collars, what's your go-to choice for casual shirts?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen this covered sporadically throughout this thread, but would like to get a consensus. For those of you who don't like button down collars, what's your go-to choice for casual shirts?

2" back height, 3.5" point length, semi-spread, with a stiff collarband but a softer collar. So it stands up under a coat or sweater but the collar points lie nicely.

thefoxtooth

Reaction score

It does seem a little snug, especially in the waist, but I can't tell how much of the Superman look is your body and how much is the shirt. Maybe you just have a fabulous torso. The shirt doesn't seem unwearable, at any rate, but there's definitely room for improvement.

The main issue I see here is the cuffs, which seem super tight. How many fingers can you get in between the cuff and your wrist? It looks like zero from here.

Johnsson

Reaction score
Wow... made the order last Saturday, got shipping notice this morning.

Strange - I placed an order to send some items in for replication last Sunday and still haven't received the FedEx labels. For you guys that have sent stuff in, how long did it take to get the labels?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads