• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Phullyman

Reaction score
Yes, just go slowly to avoid tearing the leather

Dude you are a lifesaver. I have a pair of DB Maine Guides that sat in my closet for the last 5 years (only wore it maybe 5 times) because my pinky toe rubbed against the sides and caused so much pain even after an hour of wearing. I didn't realize they had insoles! I removed them and wore them for literally all weekend without any issue!

Junglejack

Reaction score
The Hip Store in the UK has a pair of Angler Boots in black suede in a 8 and Maine Guide shoes in a tricolor getup for a pretty steep discount in a size 8. Both are around 280 Pounds. There is also pairs of Type 1’s in fleshout in sizes 7, 8, and 9 for 140 Pounds.
All seem to be listed in UK sizing which is one down from US.

Ordered a pair of Maine Guide Boots yesterday for 225 Pounds plus shipping that came out to just under $300. Oddly, none of these showed up of Hip’s website and appear only on their app.

AceHarding

Reaction score
The Hip Store in the UK has a pair of Angler Boots in black suede in a 8 and Maine Guide shoes in a tricolor getup for a pretty steep discount in a size 8. Both are around 280 Pounds. There is also pairs of Type 1’s in fleshout in sizes 7, 8, and 9 for 140 Pounds.
All seem to be listed in UK sizing which is one down from US.

Ordered a pair of Maine Guide Boots yesterday for 225 Pounds plus shipping that came out to just under $300. Oddly, none of these showed up of Hip’s website and appear only on their app.
Under 300 is a steal, nice catch!

Junglejack

Reaction score
Under 300 is a steal, nice catch!
Really am pretty stoked as rarely do I find Yuketen on sale in my size (12/13). Let alone one of their less esoteric styles as these are pebble brown CXL and regular CXL.

That said, I am seriously kicking myself for not grabbing the Maine Guide shoes in the quatro brown/green/tan/whatever the other color is when Hip had them in my size a few months back. All the same, made me finally break in my nubuck boat shoes.

AceHarding

Reaction score
Really am pretty stoked as rarely do I find Yuketen on sale in my size (12/13). Let alone one of their less esoteric styles as these are pebble brown CXL and regular CXL.

That said, I am seriously kicking myself for not grabbing the Maine Guide shoes in the quatro brown/green/tan/whatever the other color is when Hip had them in my size a few months back. All the same, made me finally break in my nubuck boat shoes.
Always keep an eye out on third parties. Japanese yahoo auctions, Ebay, etc. It's where I got my pair and they were an auction, but I lucked out for maybe the only time in my life in a monetary situation.

Treble

Reaction score

They had a big sample sale on Instagram in sz 12 recently. Contact them as I would guess they all didn't sell.

TXtoTN

Reaction score
Anyone out there that owns/has owned the Rocker Blucher w/ Kiltie that can provide sizing advice?

My sizing profile in other footwear is as follows:

NB 993 - 10D
RR Iron Ranger - 9D
Viberg 2030 - 8.5

I have a wide-ish forefoot (pinky toe rubbing is not uncommon for me in narrower footwear).

For what it's worth, I'm looking for the snuggest fit possible (especially in length) with socks, without causing masochistic pain.

I'm inclined to go for a 9.5E, but wherever I buy from, I definitely won't be able to return (these are only available right now in my size from a couple small Euro sellers, it seems).

Thanks in advance!

Junglejack

Reaction score
Anyone out there that owns/has owned the Rocker Blucher w/ Kiltie that can provide sizing advice?

My sizing profile in other footwear is as follows:

NB 993 - 10D
RR Iron Ranger - 9D
Viberg 2030 - 8.5

I have a wide-ish forefoot (pinky toe rubbing is not uncommon for me in narrower footwear).

For what it's worth, I'm looking for the snuggest fit possible (especially in length) with socks, without causing masochistic pain.

I'm inclined to go for a 9.5E, but wherever I buy from, I definitely won't be able to return (these are only available right now in my size from a couple small Euro sellers, it seems).

Thanks in advance!
Do you have an experience with Yuketen’s MiUSA stuff? Generally runs kinda narrow in the forefoot and kinda wide at the heels. Rocker sole should be pretty flexible which should help compared to the lug soles, but I would personally get a 10 to account for your forefoot.

With my boat shoes, it wasn’t until I ditched wearing them with socks that I could comfortably wear them owing to the toe rubbing. That said, they have a lug sole.

hindi ako

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this model is called? There's a similar version with the turned up sneaker style toe, but I've not been able to locate this version for sale anywhere. Thanks
Screenshot_20231106_120900_Vinted.jpg

sunnychrisAB

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have experience with Angler Mocs in CXL? I down sized about half a size and they fit fine, a bit snug with thick socks, but perfectly comfortable with normal socks. The issue i'm seeing is with the leather liner and walking any reasonable distance. The liner ends half way up my heel (blue) and I tend to get blisters from the rubbing. Should it be cut higher (red)? The depth of the liner drops a little at the heel. I'm struggling to see why this has been constructed this way, as the leather is pretty thick its an obvious rubbing point. Ive tried wearing them tighter / loose nothing seems to help.

I sized down as I have a pair of boat shoes in my usual size which are a little roomy now theyve softened up.

Attachments

• 20230125_181200.jpg
    20230125_181200.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20231221_154257.jpg
    20231221_154257.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20231221_154336.jpg
    20231221_154336.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 226

TXtoTN

Reaction score
Do you have an experience with Yuketen’s MiUSA stuff? Generally runs kinda narrow in the forefoot and kinda wide at the heels. Rocker sole should be pretty flexible which should help compared to the lug soles, but I would personally get a 10 to account for your forefoot.

With my boat shoes, it wasn’t until I ditched wearing them with socks that I could comfortably wear them owing to the toe rubbing. That said, they have a lug sole.
Just figured I’d issue an update: I went with a size 9E, and the fit is perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads