• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
Polyester, nylon, lycra are often misunderstood and wrongly banished. You,

Linen is a strong fiber, dries faster and is extremely breathable. Our idea is to create a product that can be worn like normal jeans, in 3 seasons atleast.

Linen is said to be 2-3 times stronger than cotton. It is anti-allergic, natural insect repellant, provides UV protection.

Given all these properties, it should make wonderful real-world jeans.

We do have some options in the lighter twill and plain weaves, which are nice for what linen means in general.

@emptym, are probably the most vocal proponent of blending these fibers.

-------------------
Lycra, in woven, almost never touches the skin. It is inside the core of the yarn, usually cotton. Something like in the image below. The core is the lycra.

Using some polyester, usually again a finer yarn than cotton, will add strength to the fabric, without really touching the skin. The thicker cotton yarn will always be higher and prominent. Poly blend also makes the garment quick drying and easier to iron.

Nylon is much stronger than polyester, also much more expensive. Is also used in making bullet proof fabrics.

A lot of technical yarns like Lycra, Cordura, Coolmax and others have been created to enhance the properties of clothing.

--------------------------------
Most of the items we sell are made of all natural fibers. As a bunch of clothing aware enthusiasts, we should also look at the positiveness of the blends. They are often there to make life better.
Yes, I think that used well, a little polyester and/or nylon can really improve a fabric's performance. I think people have a bad experience or two w/ synthetics or just think they're "low brow" or something. Butthere are better and worse synthetics, just as there are better and worse natural fibers, fabrics, and garments.
What's the fix? Looks like his pockets are flaring a bit, my guess the hip / seat area is a bit too tight. Isn't altering the fork region a bit difficult?
Agree, I searched for Empym's recent posts, could not find. Help appreciated, thanks

Yep, it's a fairly common problem, iirc, mainly if you're fairly athletic. @klp2332's pants have it too, as seen in the second pic. Mine did too. Luxire knows how to solve it. Also, @a tailor wrote a fun and helpful guide on how to fix it.
Anden's pants look like they have the problem too, although the pants look perfect otherwise.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fit critique and improvement suggestions please (VBC 120s summer weight light grey)

This is my second luxire pair. First were some heavy linens that I felt were a bit loose in the waist, made worse by my ordering adjusters not belt loops (recommendation to all first time trouser orders - order with a belt loop setup).

Questions - is it too tight in the seat? If so, so I increase the mid waist and thigh or do i need to think about going with a pleat to accommodate a rear and thighs that do squats? I have been anti-pleat for a while, but maybe willing to reconsider. Do I need to add to the front and/or rear rise? I reduced rear rise b/c on the linens there was some bubbling under the waist band.

I feel good about the length and the taper, I prefer trousers slightly on the longer side of what is currently "in"; posibly take them up a 1/4 inch next pair.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the butt shots.

The pants are tight just below the waistband. 2" tall area below the waistband should increase by 0.5" in width.

The crotch seam is pulling the fabric in. If we ease the the backrise at the crotch by 0.25", this will look much better.

Consider increasing the thigh width.

Have replied below the images for the changes we would suggest.

CaliforniaTux

Reaction score
I recently received my third Luxire shirt and I'd like some fit improvement feedback. The back continues to be the biggest issue followed by the shoulders. I have increased the armhole and shoulder slope by .5".

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

arredondoae

Reaction score
The sleeves look too wide. It's a little hard to tell without a full-body shot, but I think the shirt length may be a little excessive too.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Trial shoes arrived today. Very comfortable, but I made them a little too generous especially at the ball of the foot.

@luxire , when specifying changes for trial shoes, should we assume that the final construction will have the same internal volume? That is the addition of the final linings, insole and upper won't change the inside volume?

It was mentioned before by a member that the trial shoes are not guaranteed for longevity. If we want a second trial, is an intermediate option available between the basic $75 trial and final model, with choice of in-house leathers and long lasting construction?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Trial shoes arrived today. Very comfortable, but I made them a little too generous especially at the ball of the foot.

@luxire , when specifying changes for trial shoes, should we assume that the final construction will have the same internal volume? That is the addition of the final linings, insole and upper won't change the inside volume?

It was mentioned before by a member that the trial shoes are not guaranteed for longevity. If we want a second trial, is an intermediate option available between the basic $75 trial and final model, with choice of in-house leathers and long lasting construction?

If the last is modified, the internal volume will change. Change of lining insole etc will not change the internal volume. But, the softness/stiffness of the material used can impact ho the shoes feel even if the volume is the same.

Trial shoes are made with in-house leather for upper and sole. The material is all of high quality in general. The construction process is exactly the same, except, may be some more attention to details and finishing.
The trial shoes will also last well.

If you want something specific changed in the trial pair, send us an email. We can let you know what the change would cost.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
If the last is modified, the internal volume will change. Change of lining insole etc will not change the internal volume. But, the softness/stiffness of the material used can impact ho the shoes feel even if the volume is the same.

Trial shoes are made with in-house leather for upper and sole. The material is all of high quality in general. The construction process is exactly the same, except, may be some more attention to details and finishing.
The trial shoes will also last well.

If you want something specific changed in the trial pair, send us an email. We can let you know what the change would cost.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I recently received my third Luxire shirt and I'd like some fit improvement feedback. The back continues to be the biggest issue followed by the shoulders. I have increased the armhole and shoulder slope by .5".

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!
We need to increase the shoulder slope by 0.25". This will lower the armhole by 0.25" as well, without increasing the armhole size.
Sleeves can be slimmed from biceps to forearm by 0.5" in width.
We should also increase the "chest" width at the back by 0.25", a bit of pulling there.
For the lower back, we can either add darts or decrease width of back-waist by 1.5"

Added as comments below the images.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when the Pale Blue Dress Stripes On White will return back in stock? Thanks.

Meliora

Reaction score
Recently, I ordered my first Luxire shirt, and I was gladly surprised. The craftsmanship was as good as I've understood, and the attention to smallest details, e.g. the button attachment, outperforms all MTM and RTW shirts I've had by far. The first impression of your services made me recommend you to few friends. The consequences were dramatic - but only for our MasterCards.. I'm looking forward to receive the shirts #2 and #3.

stevenkmason

Reaction score
@luxire any chance of sourcing a natural or brown chambray? Or any selvedge chambrays or other shirting fabrics? Or any non blue chambrays?

I think those would be a huge step in diversifying from a primarily CDB demographic. And I would personally buy pretty much anything in that category ;)

klp2332

Reaction score
In eliminating excess fabric from the back of a shirt, I take it that there are two methods:

i) Reducing the fabric of the back panel

ii) Darting the back (either in parallel or in curves).

However, I am just wondering if darting the back of a patterned shirt (i.e. Gingham, Plaid, Checks) will be feasible -- after all, the pattern might not line up and the back will look a bit off. Or, realistically, is it very much possible to have the pattern in the back line up (without being an eyesore) when darting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads