• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice.
How do you like the fabric of the pants?

Instagram this and I'm sure Sockslick will be all over you.

mamo_sf

Reaction score
@luxire Any comment on the removal of the $25 shipping for Canada?

Edit: How do you mention someone using their username?

I contacted Theresa about this a few weeks ago. You can have it waived if you prefer but then you're accepting any duties or brokerage fees that hit you. I bargain that it's definitely worth it for some cheaper items to have the free shipping but on a large or expensive order it may be preferable to go for the $25.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I contacted Theresa about this a few weeks ago. You can have it waived if you prefer but then you're accepting any duties or brokerage fees that hit you. I bargain that it's definitely worth it for some cheaper items to have the free shipping but on a large or expensive order it may be preferable to go for the $25.

I think you may be misunderstanding.

The option to pay $25 and not worry about duties has been removed. Now the only option for Canada is $15 and you have to pay duties when it arrives.

matt22616

Reaction score
Hey guys, about to order my first Luxiree shirt, finally. I'm having trouble telling from the photo on the measurement page, but do you include the (length of the) cuff when measuring sleeve length? Danke.

topos

Reaction score
Hey guys, about to order my first Luxiree shirt, finally. I'm having trouble telling from the photo on the measurement page, but do you include the (length of the) cuff when measuring sleeve length? Danke.
yes, including the cuff.

matt22616

Reaction score
Many thanks!

For my first shirt I ordered the Monti Sky Blue Summer Chambray with Turner's #7563 one-piece collar and placket. Will post fit pics when it arrives to receive constructive criticism on the fit.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good, cheapish fabric for my first pants order? Preferably something lightweight and breathable for the New Orleans climate. Was thinking about the apple fresco cotton; anyone have experience with it?

http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/sr_203_apple-fresco-cotton

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Any comment on the removal of the $25 shipping for Canada?

There were constant issues with customs in Canada, Switzerland and Norway and we would often receive inflated bills, exceeding the value paid by the customer for the order. Hence the change.

We are trying to work with another company, that is very active in Canada, to get this streamlined and better manged. this should enable us to go back to the previous model of all duties paid shipping.

For Europe, we are working on a better solution too.

If these get signed the way it is being negotiated, we should be sharing some good news. Keeping fingers crossed.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There were constant issues with customs in Canada, Switzerland and Norway and we would often receive inflated bills, exceeding the value paid by the customer for the order. Hence the change.

We are trying to work with another company, that is very active in Canada, to get this streamlined and better manged. this should enable us to go back to the previous model of all duties paid shipping.

If these get signed the way it is being negotiated, we should be sharing some good news. Keeping fingers crossed.

That sounds like really great news. I'll just have to bite the bullet on this one, I made the order anyway. Hope there is good news to share soon.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Edit: How do you mention someone using their username?

@luxire used to work. But these days, we get no notifications, do not know why. We did not change our settings.

But, we do read all posts here, no no issues.

Macs

Reaction score
Many thanks!

For my first shirt I ordered the Monti Sky Blue Summer Chambray with Turner's #7563 one-piece collar and placket. Will post fit pics when it arrives to receive constructive criticism on the fit.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good, cheapish fabric for my first pants order? Preferably something lightweight and breathable for the New Orleans climate. Was thinking about the apple fresco cotton; anyone have experience with it?

http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/sr_203_apple-fresco-cotton
I have placed an order for a pair of pants in apple fresco cotton on the 5th of july. No shipping notification yet, but I will post pics and comments as soon as I get them.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This does not come as a bombshell; the prices here are ridiculous. I hope you get a deal up and running in the future, as the security of a price is far more incentivising than a low shipping price. I would personally be open for a shipping price ~$50 if it included taxes and etc.

CosmeDaniel

Reaction score
Good point, I retract my statement and agree with this. Move on to Fresco once you have your fit nailed down

A good alternate to the Minnis Fresco would be the "Dugdale Fine Worsted" line. They're also in the 8-9oz range and made with a slightly open weave.

Though I can't speak to the Frescos, I've found the Dugdales to be pretty good for the hot and humid DC summer and they're about $50 less than the Frescos.

Example: http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-light-grey-plain-8960

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads