• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ammanati

Reaction score
@matt22616 I just received my chambray one piece collar shirt ;) Please find a few photos below. I will post more (including a photo of buttoned collar and a tie) on my blog possibly this evening together with some description and my opinion on the wear. If anyone has doubts the fabric is amazing. Quite light, breathable and very soft - highly recommended.

markfjh

Reaction score
what are the benefits of a one piece collar? is it just aesthetics?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice.
How do you like the fabric of the pants?

Well, I think its very rough and feels a lot like unwashed raw denim. The weight and texture makes it more of a fall/winter pant for me. It has a nice drape though, because of the weight.

Quote:
rotflmao.gif

Nah, you guys seem to be so deeply involved already that I wouldn't want to put a monkey wrench in anywhere.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@matt22616 I just received my chambray one piece collar shirt ;) Please find a few photos below. I will post more (including a photo of buttoned collar and a tie) on my blog possibly this evening together with some description and my opinion on the wear. If anyone has doubts the fabric is amazing. Quite light, breathable and very soft - highly recommended.
Nice one piece but tell luxire to dial down on the shirring.

Last edited:

ammanati

Reaction score

p.henrik

Reaction score

This time I was following my previous order when I specified the shirring to be as in the picture here: [COLOR=1155CC]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/mafoofan/mfanblog/matuozzoshirt/back2small.jpg[/COLOR]

As you can see Luxire has done that just a bit more visible. There is of course a thin line between different amounts of shirring

Also specified that link and received a more aggressive shirring. Fine on back but shoulders on the verge of looking feminine.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys construct pants with full-lining, half-lining or no-lining?

Lining is simply to reduce the wool from causing an itch to the skin and prolonging the wool from excessive friction right?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do people ask for shirring?

As for lining, as far as I know it's mostly needed in the thighs down to the knees. You're pretty much spot on as to the use of it.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys construct pants with full-lining, half-lining or no-lining?  

Lining is simply to reduce the wool from causing an itch to the skin and prolonging the wool from excessive friction right? 

I have some linen pants that are unlined, but I do 1/2 lined to the knee for my wool pants.

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Great pictures. Which chambray fabric did you choose and are the pants Luxire as well? When I get my first pair from Luxire I will ask for a loop to secure the belt buckle as I have on two pairs of HY trousers, but unfortunately not on my pair of Jack Donnelly khakis. It is a nice feature that keeps the belt in the middle of the waistband and prevents it from riding up.

Why do people ask for shirring?

As for lining, as far as I know it's mostly needed in the thighs down to the knees. You're pretty much spot on as to the use of it.

I got shirring on my pale yellow oxford from Luxire and it was far less noticeable than the above. Shirring performs the same function as pleats, but spreads it out over the shirt. I notice it most in the shoulders when bringing my arms forward in a hugging motion. I will continue to get shirring on my shirts as long as it is close to the level on my pale yellow oxford. I am planning on wearing the shirt tomorrow and will try to post a picture.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This time I was following my previous order when I specified the shirring to be as in the picture here: [COLOR=1155CC]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/mafoofan/mfanblog/matuozzoshirt/back2small.jpg[/COLOR]

As you can see Luxire has done that just a bit more visible. There is of course a thin line between different amounts of shirring

Here is my most recent shirred shirt from luxire. I had complained about the aggressive shirring that rendered some of my shirts unwearable

2014-07-21%2009.37.33.jpg

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A good alternate to the Minnis Fresco would be the "Dugdale Fine Worsted" line.  They're also in the 8-9oz range and made with a slightly open weave. 

Though I can't speak to the Frescos, I've found the Dugdales to be pretty good for the hot and humid DC summer and they're about $50 less than the Frescos.

Example: http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-light-grey-plain-8960
I've found one of the advantages of the heavier fresco, in addition to the weight resulting in a nice drape, is a fair bit of wrinkle-resistance. How badly/quickly do the dugdale worsteds wrinkle during the day? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads