Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yep length is a bit short and causing the issue at the hem with the pulling out. I wouldn't decrease the girth because once you add the 2 inches or so extra you need, that hem will be lower down and need the extra room. Make sense?

2. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

Same over here. It's especially annoying now, because I placed an order and want to add something I've forgotten to note when I've ordered.

3. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Will third that actually. Theresa has always been prompt with me and got back to me in a day or so, I've been waiting 3 days so far. Followed up again today.
    Edit: just got a reply

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

4. indigofera

indigofera New Member

Ah, thats very true. Maybe I'll just add 1,5-2 inches in length. What is the general suggestion when there is excess fabric in the lower back, adding darts? Or is there any other way to adress this issue?

5. indigofera

indigofera New Member

Thank you for your feedback. Will wear the shirt and consider your suggestions. However its still my best fitting shirt with the nicest fabric!

6. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

As others have suggested, I'd also recommend lengthening the shirt and not reducing the waist measurement. I'd say go for an inch longer (at least) if you plan on wearing the shirt tucked in.

As far as darting, I have it on two of my shirts. It works well but I'm personally not that big a fan of the darts. For my subsequent orders I asked that the back waist be reduced by 0.50 inches.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

7. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Made an order earlier to mimic Turner's awesome collar and it should arrive in 4 days! Thanks Luxire! Looking forward to that cutaway BD!

8. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

I noticed this a while back too. I have a sky blue oxford and ordered a darker blue oxford, and got an oxford pretty much the exact same color as the sky blue, but it's a cheaper feeling material (and was somehow more expensive...?).

9. SirJamesWinston

SirJamesWinston Well-Known Member

I am also trying to find an oxford shirt in this price range that is a little darker than the classic blue oxford.

Anyone have a suggestion or experience ordering one of the four and the classic blue oxford? Until they correct the photos (if I am not mistaken), I have no clue which of the four oxford shirts I posted to get. Unless the classic is indeed the darkest of the entry level (and my current price point) fabrics.

10. computingboy91

computingboy91 Senior member

@JezeC , This collar looks fantastic! Can you please share the order number?

11. Mr Cucumber

Mr Cucumber Active Member

I stayed home from the beach today to receive my first pair of pants. I must say I am impressed by Luxire. To deliver this kind of service and these pants for under $100 is amazing. Thank you @EFV for the help. I pretty much stole your desing and made some minor adjustments.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014

12. moopband

moopband Well-Known Member

Might be a dumb question but I'm not really familiar with pant fabrics. Which pant fabrics that Luxire offers are good for wearing to a business casual environment? Chinos are not really allowed and looked at the flannel options, those look a little too heavy for everyday wear.

13. TRMay

TRMay Member

My response time seems to vary a lot. Sometimes it's same day, but right now, I've been waiting about 3 weeks for a status update on an order that's 3 months old. I might be an outlier though, as I've order some complicated garments.

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If the flannels seem too heavy and you live in a warm-ish climate, check out the Minnis Fresco fabrics

15. althanis

althanis Senior member

If in a warm climate also consider a linen-cotton mix as a less expensive option. Especially if you're ordering your first pants from Luxire: you don't want your first experiment to be that expensive.