• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

poilu

Reaction score
Got it, thanks.
How do I order swatches on their site?
Thanks all

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swatches can be added to an order.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Just took receipt of my Minnis Fawn Flannel Jacket. Still room to improve - lapels and quarters are totally off compared to the BnTailor style I requested, and it is too boxy. Previous fitting and the sample jacket I sent in pictured.

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_9678.JPG

aj805

Reaction score
I really like that fawn flannel suit. The details look great, and it generally looks very well fitting (though I can't see the back of neck clearly). By boxy, I assume you are referring mainly to the extended shoulder? It's difficult to see as the trousers look fuller cut--a picture from further out that showed full body including shoes would give a better idea of the overall balance.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took receipt of my Minnis Fawn Flannel Jacket. Still room to improve - lapels and quarters are totally off compared to the BnTailor style I requested, and it is too boxy. Previous fitting and the sample jacket I sent in pictured.

View attachment 1359633
View attachment 1359634 View attachment 1359635 View attachment 1359639 View attachment 1359640

It is always interesting when ppl request other makers to create the BnTailor style. BnT easily has the best dressed mannequin, but few of us are built like mannequins and the end results are not always great. Still i think your suit looks good and would be very good with some alterations.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@boot_owl

Any particular reason you didn't go directly to BnT to commission a suit?

JoeBlack0

Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score
I really like that fawn flannel suit. The details look great, and it generally looks very well fitting (though I can't see the back of neck clearly). By boxy, I assume you are referring mainly to the extended shoulder? It's difficult to see as the trousers look fuller cut--a picture from further out that showed full body including shoes would give a better idea of the overall balance.

shoulder is fine, more a matter of chest, waist, and hips being cut a bit too large

It is always interesting when ppl request other makers to create the BnTailor style. BnT easily has the best dressed mannequin, but few of us are built like mannequins and the end results are not always great. Still i think your suit looks good and would be very good with some alterations.

thanks! I wasn’t quite looking for a carbon copy, but more similarity and lapel shape and quarters would have been nice.

@boot_owl

Any particular reason you didn't go directly to BnT to commission a suit?

practicality of travel, and I like working with luxire. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t an indictment of their work - just sharing experience. I have a lot of clothes with luxire and intend to continue purchasing more

Always painfully to see bad outcomes when are expensive. Did the original suit sleeve fit better?

I think bad outcome is a bit of an exaggeration, rather just a demonstration that there is room to improve. Yes the original suit sleeve fit better.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
shoulder is fine, more a matter of chest, waist, and hips being cut a bit too large

thanks! I wasn’t quite looking for a carbon copy, but more similarity and lapel shape and quarters would have been nice.

practicality of travel, and I like working with luxire. Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t an indictment of their work - just sharing experience. I have a lot of clothes with luxire and intend to continue purchasing more

I think bad outcome is a bit of an exaggeration, rather just a demonstration that there is room to improve. Yes the original suit sleeve fit better.
Well the original seems to fit better and the luxire suit has noticeable issues around the sleeves and neck plus the front panels are collapsing a little. I mean it’s not unwearable but it’s a rtw fit at most. I don’t know the instructions you gave them but keep us posted about what they tell you

Megakurth

Reaction score

I’ve always been intrigued by BNTailors mannequin photos and “the roll”, but it never seems to be as prevalent on photos of folks wearing the actual suits. Also, on the mannequins the single breasted tend to be unbuttoned.

That said, having gone through the process (and continuing to currently), Luxire suits tend to an ongoing, but well worth it process (my charcoal jacket that arrived over the summer had some issues and I assume I’ll have to send two of my other jackets back as well due to some collar issues that I can’t find anyone local willing to fix), but having 4 jackets + a tux, the fit and craftsmanship improves every time.

All of that said, there’s definitely room for improvement on your suit and I’m sure the Luxire team will fix it (though as most on this forum know, patience is virtue).

Daraven

Reaction score
So I am not the only one who has started the Luxire suit journey. Below some pictures of a trial jacket for an eventual suit. Still lots to fix (e.g. sleeves, too small chest/shoulders etc.) but eventually I am sure it will have paid off. All feedback is appreciated!

back.jpg
front_cropped.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire @LuxireStudio team, please be safe and hoping for the best for your country during nationwide lockdown.
Thank you dear friend.

Due to the Corona crisis, the government here has enforced a three week shutdown of our region.
Hence, we have paused production at our facilities till 15th of April.

Many of our orders are in different stages of completion and once the shutdown is lifted, we will be able to fulfill the orders at high priority.

Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period.

We can work on advising you on styling and fit and can help you plan your wardrobe for the beautiful period days we will see after this phase is over.

il vecchio

Reaction score
Thank you dear friend.

Due to the Corona crisis, the government here has enforced a three week shutdown of our region.
Hence, we have paused production at our facilities till 15th of April.

Many of our orders are in different stages of completion and once the shutdown is lifted, we will be able to fulfill the orders at high priority.

Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period.

We can work on advising you on styling and fit and can help you plan your wardrobe for the beautiful period days we will see after this phase is over.
I would much rather know your workers were being protected
than get my shirts in the pipeline.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I would much rather know your workers were being protected
than get my shirts in the pipeline.

A month ago, when there was some discussion on social distancing and the virus, we started analyzing our operations and processes on how we could control possible spread of the virus.
We realized that our operations were well designed to easily implement the prescribed measures. For safety, masks were distributed and hand-sanitation at regular intervals was encouraged.

Now, all our workers and team members are advised to stay home. They continue to be paid their salaries and benefits.

Glad to answer any other questions we may have regarding the situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads