• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
Is the whole advice via email thing not happening anymore? Still waiting on an email back about the fit of my trial jacket.
its possible that more complicated stuff like jackets require communication with multiple staff, which would obviously be more difficult during lockdown

Ladislav

Reaction score
Hi guys, I do come with quite important and ridiculous question here. Did anyone have an experience, that Luxire, would cheat on him in terms of material composition??

Thanks

Proleet

Reaction score
Hi guys, I do come with quite important and ridiculous question here. Did anyone have an experience, that Luxire, would cheat on him in terms of material composition??

Thanks
no and have a hard time imagining they’d do that honesty...i could imagine a mixup on what was shown on the site but not deliberate cheating

norMD

Reaction score

Thanks
I Recieved a pair of pants, supposedly 100 %cotton, but they clearly contain some stretch. I recieved a strange explanation and a gift card for my next order.

Ladislav

Reaction score
I will give an update tomorrow. I need to do a fabric burning test.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Is the whole advice via email thing not happening anymore? Still waiting on an email back about the fit of my trial jacket.
Also thought these services would go on by employees working from home. Waiting for two weeks on some advice on my trousers.

MrBokito

Reaction score
Some pretty big assumptions about workers' facilities to work from home right there
Luxire: "Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period."

The assumption was made after reading this. However, I understand the situation, no hard feelings.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire: "Our customer service and IT teams are working from home during this period. We are thus glad to answer any queries you may have during the period."

The assumption was made after reading this. However, I understand the situation, no hard feelings.
Apologies. Coordination not happening well enough between the different teams remotely, to give good advice.

A lot of the times, we pull out patterns, study the image and pattern together to understand what changes will work best.
There certainly are cases where we are able to understand the changes just from the images.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
@luxire will you reopen the 15th or did your government prolonged the confinement? It looks like in spain we will start slowly going out the 26th

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score

Thanks
I will give an update tomorrow. I need to do a fabric burning test.
Now that you mention it, I've actually melted a pair of corduroy trousers which were supposed to be 100 % cotton. The fabric always did feel a little funny, and one day when I was ironing them I noticed that they left residue on the iron and a hard, plastic like surface on the trousers...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
People who are staying at home (I guess most of us) - What are you mostly wearing during the lockdown?

It has been shorts and t-shirt for me primarily. When going out, am wearing some trousers and polo, the idea being that they can then be quickly washed in the machine and dried.

Learning: The woven cotton shorts have been more comfortable in the heat than the knitted ones.
Loose T-shirts with a bigger neck opening are more comfortable. Thin, old, worn-out ones get preference.

What has your experience been?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, we photograph most pieces before they leave our studio. Recently, they were all added to an online repository. Is fun browsing.
Depending on the mood, they eye catches items of different types. These days, it has been the staples.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.