• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Checked on ^ as sounded serious. Got to know that the query included "mildly" abusive language, hence order cancelled, though part of it was ready. I will get further details and make changes / corrections to this post, if required.

It is a loss for us, but, difficult to expect customer service to tolerate abuse, whatever the provocation.

Thrifter

Reaction score
I think you should probably continue this discussion in private. At the end of the day we're talking about shirts. I'm sure you have another shirt you can wear in the meantime.

Thrifter

Reaction score
I think it is acceptable to discuss order times, but I don't think this is the place to exchange messages with Luxire about the details of the transaction.

For context, I've been waiting on an order since mid April, but it includes a sport coat, a pair of trousers and a couple of shirts so I understand that my order will be slower. I have lots of other clothes to wear while I wait.

ErikJN

Reaction score
Well, most people get replies in a timely manner when e-mailing Luxire, myself included. I wouldn't expect to be top priority when abusing customer service in your communications.

That said, it would be interesting to get insight on how orders are proceeded, as people understandably react to more recent orders being processed quicker than their own. Would imagine that it's related to fabric stock and required changes to templates, but perhaps Luxire could shed some more light on this?

Erik

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That said, it would be interesting to get insight on how orders are proceeded, as people understandably react to more recent orders being processed quicker than their own. Would imagine that it's related to fabric stock and required changes to templates, but perhaps Luxire could shed some more light on this?

Erik

Will try and explain.

Step 1: A document is created that contains all your order details, including images. If the order details are complicated and requires special handling, this will be the first bottleneck as only one person will make the document.

Step 1A: If the order is for a fabric that we do not stock, an order is placed for the same with the mill. These are fabrics from Minnis, Grandi, Dugdale and Brisbane Moss. Can sometimes add to delays.

Step 2: It goes to the pattern-maker for making the pattern. The pattern is made and then it goes to the fabric department for cutting and washing the fabric. If fabric not available, this is when we know of it. An email is then sent to the customer. If the pattern maker is busy, it can go to the fabric department first before making of the pattern. If pattern already made, this step is quick.

Step 3: The fabric is washed, dried, ironed and then cut. - Always fast.

Step 4: The cut bundle then awaits being stitched by the tailoring team. The tailor makes the garment and passes it onto finishing.

Step 5: The finishing team will iron the clothes, add buttons, make button-holes etc. Passes onto QA.

Step 6: QA will check measurements and specifications against the sheet that was created in Step 1. If issues found, goes back to the concerned department where the issue originated for correction.

Step 7: Goes for photography, final ironing, then packing, documentation and finally shipped.

Usually, if step-1 gos through smoothly, the other steps are fast. It is thus good to keep the instructions precise and clear. Orders are processed serially based on order number, but, there can be many reasons for some orders to get delayed while others get processed faster.

Special orders that require some accessories that need to be procured like specific color of lining, or leather, or buckles or buttons or zippers are delayed by a few days as the procurement can take time.

I hope this explains.

Ironballs

Reaction score
So if one places an order that essentially states "take order X but use fabric Y", you should be able to jump to step #3 relatively quickly? Are patterns stored indefinitely? You seem to run in the eighth millenium with orders, that might constitute a lot of patterns (duplicates aside). Do you have an Indiana Jones style vault for patterns like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So if one places an order that essentially states "take order X but use fabric Y", you should be able to jump to step #3 relatively quickly? Are patterns stored indefinitely? You seem to run in the eighth millenium with orders, that might constitute a lot of patterns (duplicates aside). Do you have an Indiana Jones style vault for patterns like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark?

This is very confusing.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They store patterns. You can place subsequent orders by referring to old ones. "Use measurements from Order XXX" works just fine.

roquesoon

Reaction score
This is hilarious. Thanks, FedEx
spam[1].gif

6/07/2014 - Saturday
8:57 pm
In transit

TA YUAN HSIANG TW
5:32 am
Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
2:43 pm
In transit

BAYAN LEPAS MY
1:27 am
International shipment release - Import

MEMPHIS, TN
12:26 am
International shipment release - Import

MEMPHIS, TN
-

6/06/2014 - Friday
11:07 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN
-

6/07/2014 - Saturday
7:27 am
In transit

SAMUTPRAKARN TH
5:21 am
In transit

GUANGZHOU CN
-

6/06/2014 - Friday
10:14 pm
In transit

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
9:00 pm
Departed FedEx location

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
-

6/07/2014 - Saturday
2:03 am
In transit

GUANGZHOU CN

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads