1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. benjamin831

benjamin831 Distinguished Member

Could you explain how you altered the seat of those pants?

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Thanks!

It's hard to explain the seat, but I let out the fork while taking in fabric from the seat itself, but in a curving way. The seat was relatively straight, so I made a bigger curve to follow the contours of the body better. That cleared up some of the issues, but most of it went away when I altered the angle of the legs. I can't really explain how I did that, but I'm sure a good alterations tailor will know how to do it.

Anyway, I'm more confident with ordering Luxire trousers now, as I know the issues can be fixed. The problem is communicating to them how it should be fixed, because I don't want to spend 5 hours sewing every time I order new trousers. I'm guessing an alterations tailor will charge about £40-50 for this.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Distinguished Member

Maybe you should sent in the altered pair to have Luxire copy it.
    Also, as the problem seems pretty common on Luxire pants, maybe they can learn from you how to fix this problem in general.

4. hookem12387

hookem12387 Distinguished Member

Luxire, any chance of a comment on this leg angle deal? Known issue and yall are fixing?

I just finished with a bespoke pair of pants at a tailor here that I'm fixing to send it, but want to make sure we wont have this issue. Many thanks, yall

5. kulata

kulata Distinguished Member

Finally received my latest order after two months! A copy of my Corneliani one piece collar and they nailed it!

I think going forward I'll just be sending in shirts for duplication and wait it out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. terra firma

terra firma Senior Member

If you're happy with those measurements you can just reference those order numbers in your future orders.

Two months though. Ugh. Still no response to my two emails. Guess I'll go with someone else until they get their act together.

7. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I would have called it a "known issue" if it was affecting a large percentage of our pants, which is not the case.

As any of our regular patrons will know, we take feedback very seriously and work on improving the quality and process all the time.

This issue has also been reviewed in all seriousness and the patterns are being reviewed to put an end to the issue.

I do believe that we will see this issue a lot less for pants made in the last few days and will be made going forward.

8. hookem12387

Great, thanks. That settles that. I've always appreciated how prompt you've been replying to my questions here and email.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

To be fair, I never said the leg angle issue affected everyone, just that it has affected all three of my Luxire trousers. I might be the odd one out, but I'm happy I was able to fix it. I showed it in this thread after having received several enquiries, and because I wanted to show it's not a problem that's impossible to fix.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

10. hookem12387

I think showing your fix and people showing the issue in the community forum with Luxire's participation is what's likely allowed luxire to knock the problem out pretty quickly. The value of a forum :slayer:

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

FWIW, these same issues with my Luxire pants have gotten better over time. I'm on my 5th pair now and the issue is mostly non-existent.

12. aravenel

aravenel Distinguished Member

Those are some serious ninja-level skills right there. Well done.

13. computingboy91

computingboy91 Senior Member

So I took a shot at the Father's Day delivery special.

Order time - 3rd June, 2014 22:46 BST (GMT+1)
    Shipping confirmation - 7th June, 2014 12:24 BST

So that took 3 days, 13 hours, 38 minutes for them to make 3 shirts! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Needless to say, equal parts shock/awe/impressed

14. terra firma

terra firma Senior Member

This is bullshit. I put an order in on May 10th, I want almost a month, get no replies for days and then I find out that they no longer have the Blue-green stripe oxford and that they haven't even started on my shirts.

15. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior Member

^ I know that feel. I got that email today too. Put my order in sometime Marcch 13 though. Now that I look at it, that's nearly 3 months lol