• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your order was placed successfully.
sky-blue-oxford-A_thumb.jpeg
1x Sky Blue Oxford

VB93711_Blue_stripes_seersucker_thumb.jpg
1x Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker

drool.gif

You will not be disappointed.

terra firma

Reaction score
Placed order late Monday night. Received confirmation Tuesday. Shipped Thursday.

Amazing....

Okay, how is this kind of turn around happening? Was it just a shirt? I placed an order for two shirts in the beginning of May and haven't heard anything about them even with me sending them emails asking for an order status update.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Yea, I think if there is some particular reason why the orders have to be filled out of queue it would be appropriate to email the client and explain. I sent an email to ask about my order status and received an explanation for the delay, but it would be best if Luxire could be more proactive about informing clients. Otherwise, I would think that orders should be generally filled in the order they come in.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Shorts made in Navy Washed Chinos:

So these are my shorts. Little review.

I got the standard navy chino from the website but specifically requested to not have a shiny twill, so don't blindly add the navy twill to your cart and expect the same fabric as above. Theresa emailed me some pics of navy twill samples and allowed me to choose one. This is a washed navy twill that is pretty heavy (I am guessing).

The reason I had shorts made is because I have wider hips and finding OTR shorts that fit in the hips but aren't super baggy in the leg and overall very unflattering is tough.

These shorts were based off a replicate. They fit very well and not sure what I'd change on the next order actually.. The construction is amazing. If I was to nitpick it would be that they have these side buttons on the fly of the shorts. I just don't do them up. I feel like if I did them up that I would have an accident one time when I'm running inside the house to use the washroom and can't get that many buttons undone in time.

I had some twill swatches sent in the order as well and looking at getting the exact same shorts in the maroon twill.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just dropped off my Luxire navy linen trou at the tailor...they came out about a half inch long for some reason, so I'm having them hemmed up a bit. I'll post some pics once I get them back. Other than that, they turned out really well. I still have some slight bow leg issues, but it's not so bad that it's really going to bother me all that much, and I'd probably need to do full in-person bespoke to really solve it. The thigh and hip I'm going to increase by just a quarter of an inch on my next order, it's not too bad right now but I think it will be best if it's just a tiny bit bigger overall.

I also really love the fabric..they're not too dark like a true navy, they look a little lighter and more colorful in person, which IMO makes them ideal for an odd trouser. They're pretty thick just like the Luxire chocolate brown linen, so they breathe well and stay cool but they're not too thin and they still feel like a substantial dress pant.

I already made the changes and ordered these and these. More linen! Hopefully they can keep the turnaround times nice a speedy so I can get maximum summer time wearing them. I'm also still looking for a standard mid grey linen but haven't decided which one I want yet.

burghler

Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible pics, but I do think they show how the angle of the trouser legs is cut wrong for the way a person stands normally.

Normal stance shows the seat issues:

Was reading through the PS archive and came across the below regarding the angle in which a trouser leg is cut. Could be helpful for those having the same issue.

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
Was reading through the PS archive and came across the below regarding the angle in which a trouser leg is cut. Could be helpful for those having the same issue.

I really hope Luxire address this. I've been wondering why my RTWs fit so much better, when the measurements are so close to my Luxires.

terra firma

Reaction score
Yea, I think if there is some particular reason why the orders have to be filled out of queue it would be appropriate to email the client and explain. I sent an email to ask about my order status and received an explanation for the delay, but it would be best if Luxire could be more proactive about informing clients. Otherwise, I would think that orders should be generally filled in the order they come in.

For trousers I kind of get why they might take a little bit longer, but if someone is putting in an order and getting it shipped out in a week while other people are waiting around wondering what in the hell is going on because Luxire can't get someone to respond to emails, that's kind of stupid.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the terrible pics, but I do think they show how the angle of the trouser legs is cut wrong for the way a person stands normally.

Normal stance shows the seat issues:

Wide stance, the way the legs are cut, clears up most of the issues:

confused.gif
I wonder if this is something that can be fixed by an alterationist, taking in or letting out the seat/thigh in a particular way.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif
I wonder if this is something that can be fixed by an alterationist, taking in or letting out the seat/thigh in a particular way.

I've altered the angle and the curve of the seat, and I made a mockup of the new leg angle. It's tough to hand sew all of this with duck canvas, so it's taking a lot of time. It might be hard to see in the pictures, but the wrinkles in the seat and legs have virtually disappeared. It also makes a big difference when seen from the side, from a droopy diaper seat to a normal seat.

It took me a bit of experimentation before getting it right, but if I can do it, having never tailored anything before, so can Luxire.

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads