• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonio is the true definition of an internet tough guy.
Bro...you are a skinny little runt who would get knocked out in one punch.
Keep talking ****...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
Thinking of picking up a pair of the 1980s Raw....
-How much do these stretch?
-Do they tend to bleed a lot?
-Is this fit similar to the Jean Shop Rocker?

Thx

1. Some, as noted, but nothing unsual (I've had many pairs)
2. Not at all
3. Yes, very much so, but the KMW have a slimmer thigh and lower leg.

If I had to choose, it would be KMW over JS any day.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Crosspost from jeans thread. New KMW lineup partially featured in Denim News blog: http://denimnews.blogspot.com/ Interesting way they address the selvage band. I think I like the concept...Nice new embroidery too. Just saw Blue Owl has stock now...
Well, no more KMWs for me, those selvedge seams are the ugliest things ever. Don't like the contrast embroidery on the waistband either, but that'd be covered anyway

choptreesv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Well, no more KMWs for me, those selvedge seams are the ugliest things ever. Don't like the contrast embroidery on the waistband either, but that'd be covered anyway

agreed, the selvedge seam is kind of gaudy. but who pays attention to that anyways
laugh.gif

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^
Wait to till you see them! This is a limited edition run and the details like the embroidery, extra wide selvedge, and custom made left hand twill fabric are a change of pace from the standard 1980s. I am still patiently waiting for them to arrive and I will post some more details and photos in this thread upon their arrival.

Also, we expect no other denims from KMW released after this model until f/w 2010.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^when i saw them on your blog, i started to drool

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing Kicking Mule Workshop's Limited Edition Left Hand Twill 1980 Raw Selvedge in Indigo

Only 100 pairs are made and sizing of this run starts at 28. Inseams are extra long measuring at 35.5" which could shrink by maybe a 1/2". Sizing may look deceptive as the waist line measures a bit larger than normal, but expect a touch more shrinkage. Order your normal size (ie. if you normally wear a 31 in KMW, order a 31 in this model.) More details can be seen on our blog and website. Here are direct links:
http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...99&LANGUAGE=US
http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...kshop-kmw.html

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a new pair of 1980s from B&S. Fit is perfect - a little tight in the waist to account for stretching.

They're hot-soaking in the bath right now, been reading through this thread and mlyngard seems to be advocation such practice.

Might post fit pics once they're dry. Have a few questions regarding hem length and stacking - these are my first pair of good raw jeans.

As for sizing, I take 30 in most mall brand, vanity sized jeans, and got these in 29. I think my true waist is possibly around 31, so it's sized down 2 in terms of true sizing, but 1 in terms of general jean size.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
that deerskin patch looks pretty rad
It gets very soft and kind of feels waxy, nice not to have it get rough/crack like untreated cowhide tends to do during hot soaks

riraito

Reaction score
My waist size is 32 and I picked up 30's in the 1980's from context. Fit well but stretched a little and now the waist is a little loose, otherwise everything else fits great.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the 1980 Hand Dye's from Context (couldn't walk out of the store without them) and then found a nice deal on the 1950 Sorrel's that are available at Blue Owl. I'm pretty excited about both purchases, and it rounds out my denim nicely. I'm actually going to be selling a pair of BNWOT 1980 raws in sz. 30 after getting the hand dye's, in case anyone is interested. Anyways, I thought the KMW thread could use a bump so I decided to share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads