• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massdrop x Naked & Famous Ichiban selvedge Weird Guy review: pictures, thoughts, words, links

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
i feel like unusable front pockets has been my raw denim experience generally

This is unfortunately pretty common in raw denim and has caused me to give up on a few pairs of jeans. I've found N&F (WG) and Iron Heart (634 HXS) to be particularly uncooperative, while LVC (1947) and Sugar Cane (SExSC06) are both a little more forgiving IME.

The cat I'm currently taking care of officially endorses these jeans as a suitable napping surface, FWIW.

IMG_20170622_114730228~2.jpg

Last edited:

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pic, have you given those a soak?

here were my initial thoughts:

I received a sample pair to try out. Unfortunately they are too big but I was able to pull them on to check the rise, which is the part I focus on first. I'm not a big guy but also not a skinny 20 year old - I want a mid rise so I can move around comfortably. The rise and general fit seems great so I will be ordering a size down.
The denim looks nice - I didn't see a lot of slub - will need a few soaks to evaluate that - but the color really pops. It looks great close up - some nice vertical detail from the lighter color weft due to the natural indigo dying. The denim looked like it had a bit of a sheen in some of the photos I saw, but looked more matte and nicer in person (imho). Looking forward to getting these broken in to see how they fade.
13.75 oz is a nice weight, I am done with battling 17+ oz, these should work nicely year-round in NYC. $99 for natural indigo denim is a great price. Blue selvedge ID looks cool.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
nice pic, have you given those a soak?

here were my initial thoughts:

I received a sample pair to try out. Unfortunately they are too big but I was able to pull them on to check the rise, which is the part I focus on first. I'm not a big guy but also not a skinny 20 year old - I want a mid rise so I can move around comfortably. The rise and general fit seems great so I will be ordering a size down.
The denim looks nice - I didn't see a lot of slub - will need a few soaks to evaluate that - but the color really pops. It looks great close up - some nice vertical detail from the lighter color weft due to the natural indigo dying. The denim looked like it had a bit of a sheen in some of the photos I saw, but looked more matte and nicer in person (imho). Looking forward to getting these broken in to see how they fade.
13.75 oz is a nice weight, I am done with battling 17+ oz, these should work nicely year-round in NYC. $99 for natural indigo denim is a great price. Blue selvedge ID looks cool.

Thanks. I don't usually soak sanforized denim, although that might not be a bad idea on order to get rid of some of the stiffness and starch.

Agreed that the denim is more interesting than your run-of-the-mill (some pun intended?) Cone selvedge but nothing crazy. I'd say the amount of weft visible puts it more in the realm of t-shirt and sneakers or flannel and work boots combinations than button-down and odd jacket territory.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have any photos as to what they'd look like faded?

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the wear of the jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads