• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how much for the 1980s? I might be interested if the price is right. Waist is like 31"-32" on those, right?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a boat load of one wash+raw 1950 and 1980 KMW's @ Len Druskin outlet in Edina MN at 50% off. Too bad I don't need any

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
I saw a boat load of one wash+raw 1950 and 1980 KMW's @ Len Druskin outlet in Edina MN at 50% off. Too bad I don't need any

Really....? I'm going to have to pay them a little visit and hope they have nothing I'm interested in. I've seen some there before, but they were all really light (colored) and distressed washes which aren't really my aesthetic.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Really....? I'm going to have to pay them a little visit and hope they have nothing I'm interested in. I've seen some there before, but they were all really light (colored) and distressed washes which aren't really my aesthetic.

Check'em out for sure...just came back from Minn 2 days ago, good selection but no small sizes

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody else confirm that the canvas chinos run shorter? The inseam of mine is a supposed 34, but it sure doesn't seem like it...

Detour Clothing Store

Reaction score
We have a couple KMW's left over from last season at big savings:

KMW 1980 Jack Wash in Selvedge 60% off: were: $352 now $141
Size 29X32 and 36X32
http://www.shopdetour.com/c/kicking_...king_mule.html

KMW Hooded Sweatshirt 60% off: was $220 now $88
Size Small
http://www.shopdetour.com/c/kicking_...king_mule.html

KMW 2010 One Rinse Selvedge 50% off: was $275 now $137.5
Size 29X34

KMW Rocker Dry Raw Selvedge 50% off: was $275 now $137.50
Size 26X34

PM/Email us if you're interested in any of these.
Thanks
Jason

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Anyone in here own some sugar cane jeans too? I'm looking at getting a pair of kmw and wondering sizing. I have a 34x34 sugar cane 1966 and could probably move to a 33x34 since they stretch out too much if I dont soak them often. I'd say i'm a snug 34/35 now in waist.

What size should I be looking? Also, which ones have looser fitting thighs, 501ish, my n&f weird guys are too snug on my thighs...

Thanks!

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
Anyone in here own some sugar cane jeans too? I'm looking at getting a pair of kmw and wondering sizing. I have a 34x34 sugar cane 1966 and could probably move to a 33x34 since they stretch out too much if I dont soak them often. I'd say i'm a snug 34/35 now in waist.

What size should I be looking? Also, which ones have looser fitting thighs, 501ish, my n&f weird guys are too snug on my thighs...

Thanks!

Sugar Canes in my experience have a totally different cut (unless you buy a slim-fit model): bigger thighs/baggier ass. For a looser fit/higher rise in KMW's go with 2010...for a slimmer fit- 1980...TTS all of them

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crosspost from WAYWRN. KMW canvas. true to size.
DSC00249.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

only detail i don't like is the writing on the pocket. They've obviously just taken the 1980 indigo pockets. Why say it's "rope dyed from natural indigo" when it quite obviously isn't? quite surprising for a brand with such attention to detail.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
They're hot-soaking in the bath right now, been reading through this thread and mlyngard seems to be advocation such practice. As for sizing, I take 30 in most mall brand, vanity sized jeans, and got these in 29. I think my true waist is possibly around 31, so it's sized down 2 in terms of true sizing, but 1 in terms of general jean size.
Good man! I take a 29 KMW and am usually a 31 or 30 max if downsizing. KM's are at least 1" greater than tagged when dry, and I found sometimes closer to 2" greater.
Originally Posted by hendrix
They've obviously just taken the 1980 indigo pockets. Why say it's "rope dyed from natural indigo" when it quite obviously isn't? quite surprising for a brand with such attention to detail.
Those are gorgeous. Hm...on that rope-dye thing, it is still possible. Although I thought it was used for indigo only, it's really just a process of dipping bundled loops (ropes) of the yarn into a vat of dye multiple times, so those khakis may be dyed the same way. Possible, maybe...

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Good man! I take a 29 KMW and am usually a 31 or 30 max if downsizing. KM's are at least 1" greater than tagged when dry, and I found sometimes closer to 2" greater.
forgot to post that fit pic from a few days ago.
DSC00253.jpg
i'm thinking about hemming them as i usually prefer a clean fit all the way down, but i have not access to chainstitching, which i wouldn't usually care about, but since they've got such attention to it's making me think twice. also they seem to be a pretty decent stacking length, so i might try leaving them.
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Those are gorgeous. Hm...on that rope-dye thing, it is still possible. Although I thought it was used for indigo only, it's really just a process of dipping bundled loops (ropes) of the yarn into a vat of dye multiple times, so those khakis may be dyed the same way. Possible, maybe...
sound like the guy defending his girlfriend when all his mates are telling him she's a slut. but yes, i'd like to think it's possible too. doesn't really bother me, i still love the brand.
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Can I ask where you got these? They look great, btw.
thanks. bought both of these on the Buying and Selling forum. kinda sad when you consider that all this discount buying makes the brands we love go out of business. hell, if i had the money, this is one of the few brands for which i'd pay full retail price. just don't have the money. you can get them at context: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...ule%20Workshop

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads