1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

blog....the denim will be fine to hem as they are. Any denim (or any other cotton fabric for that matter) will shrink more if you wash in hot water or throw in the dryer for several hours. When you wash, just use common sense and wash in cold and hang dry. Your denim should not shrink if you take care of them. Hem away.

2. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

Having a pair of rockers being delivered today. Picked them up from the Blue Owl sample sale, so I had to go TTS. So psyched!

3. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

yea about to head back to my hometown to pick up a pair of O/W 2010's that was delivered on tuesday. i'll post pics when i can.

4. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

So I had a nice little surprise when I got home today. Any thoughts on the fit pics?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

looks like you can size down some more, as there is excess material on the side.

6. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I definitely agree, but i was thinking a hot soak might shrink it just right. On the other hand, I can't get over the back pockets. So if anyone is looking for a super cheap pair of Rockers, just check my sig. I'll sell them for how much I paid plus shipping.

It's a shame too, because everything they said about this denim is true. Fantastic quality.

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

So I had a nice little surprise when I got home today. Any thoughts on the fit pics? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Doesn't seem to fit at all. :/

8. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I've got a NWT 36/32, 1950 one wash for sale cheap if anyone is interested.

9. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Anyone have any experience sizing down 1 on the 1950s? I'm debating picking up a pair from Blue Owl and won't be able to try them on. The measurements seem right for me (accounting for a little stretch in the waist over time), but I was hoping to hear about someone else's actual experience. How's the fit in the legs? I'm definitely looking for a slim fit and not so much a classic fit. Thanks fellas.

10. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

the 1950 is the classic fit....

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

^
    Usually you are suppose to slim down b/c they stretch out. 1950 u are looking at a straight leg, not a slim, even with sizing down one.

12. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

^That's basically what I figured until I saw this from a few pages into this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=32092&page=7). A few people responded saying that sizing down 1 gives you a slim fit like the first pic below, which is what I'm looking for. Of course I don't know if any of these people have actually bought a pair sized down or if they're just guessing, which is why I was hoping to find at least one person with actual experience. I'd be getting a size 29, which makes them pretty slim (leg opening is 7.75"), but they're from the Blue Owl deadstock thread so they're non-returnable. Ah, dilemmas...

that was me who asked for the sale. i wanted to buy some 1950's after i saw this picture:

[​IMG]

this one makes them look like a nice fitted straight leg with a bit of taper. this is what i'd be looking for. however, these two stock photos from revolve and denimbar make them look plain baggy. which picture is the most realistic representation of the fit?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

That Revolve pic is totally exaggerated--they would only look like that in the wrong size. I own 1950s, sized down one (31)--meaning i bought them to stretch to my true waist of 32". They are a straight fit but not baggy or loose. So often people seem to think straight fit means sloppy. I love the fit on these, and w/ slightly bigger thighs these fit great w/out being too loose.

I think in that smaller size you would def have a slim/straight leg cut. not a lot of taper and not a super slim thigh, but a nice classic cut. My two cents.

14. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

So, when is KMW going to again bring out some non-denim gear? Spring, I hope?

15. cbusguy

cbusguy Senior member

^That's basically what I figured until I saw this from a few pages into this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=32092&page=7). A few people responded saying that sizing down 1 gives you a slim fit like the first pic below, which is what I'm looking for. Of course I don't know if any of these people have actually bought a pair sized down or if they're just guessing, which is why I was hoping to find at least one person with actual experience. I'd be getting a size 29, which makes them pretty slim (leg opening is 7.75"), but they're from the Blue Owl deadstock thread so they're non-returnable. Ah, dilemmas...

thats me in the first picture-- i sized down 1 to a 29 and they fit pretty slim. i really liked them and would buy them again.

16. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

So I had a nice little surprise when I got home today. Any thoughts on the fit pics?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You will look better by sizing down some.

17. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

can someone post up moar fit pics of 1980's? the name isn't really conducive to easy searches [​IMG]

18. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Anyone have any experience sizing down 1 on the 1950s? I'm debating picking up a pair from Blue Owl and won't be able to try them on. The measurements seem right for me (accounting for a little stretch in the waist over time), but I was hoping to hear about someone else's actual experience. How's the fit in the legs? I'm definitely looking for a slim fit and not so much a classic fit. Thanks fellas.

I'm usually a 34W but sized down 1 on the 1950s to a 33W and they fit fine on the waist. But I wouldn't call them a slim fit in the legs.

19. blake

blake Senior member

So, when is KMW going to again bring out some non-denim gear? Spring, I hope?

that is not really their focus for now. They will have a loop wheeler sweatshirt that they will offer for next fall along with some leather goods. As far as I know, they do not have any collection plans for now.

20. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

Their business plan boggles me. The non-denim stuff went over extremely well before the exodus. They always had fabric quality on lock.