• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khaki's of Carmel

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted a few pics in the Ring Jacket thread. Here they are. Amazing jackets! I sized up from a 52 to a 54 and the fit and range of motion was comfortable while still offering a perfect shoulder line and drape. These aren't a boxy American cut. They are ideal for guys looking for a somewhat trim fit without being skinny. These are better than any $3K Cucinelli jacket in fabric, construction and details.

This was the very last herringbone they had. If you are considering a navy jacket or blazer, get the Ring Jacket. They had several in navy. At $990 it is a hell of a deal and you will really enjoy it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another surprise was Khaki's sweaters. New for Fall was Drumhor (the Scotish sweater maker founded in the 1700's), Ballantyne (which has new owners who were formerly with Cucinelli) and Boglioli. Jim showed me the new trend from Italy, as seen in Ballantyne and Boglioli, washed cashmere. Get ready, we will be seeing a lot more of the washed look in coming seasons.

Check out this new twist on a classic cable knit with the washed look:

Look at the detail on this Drumhor Cardigan. The flecks of color give this beautiful visual texture.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thank you for posting. any vicuna jacket action?

We tried them all on. They were very, very soft, with nice finishing and details. They are made by Martin Greenfield to Jim's own cut and design. They come in rich solids. (navy, black, deep camel) He said he sourced the vicuna and took it to Greenfield. By the way, the project manager for these jackets at Greenfield is the same guy who handles the Broadway Empire suits.

You can see pics of a few examples on their website. Their $3,700 price seems high but considering they are $10K or more everywhere else they are a value if you want vicuna, As an option he also has some very nice MG made 100% cashmere jackets in what appear to be the same cut and details at around $1,700.

The cloth selected for these cashmere or vicuna garments has a true luxury feel. This isn't a cheap department store cashmere used to make a price point. This has a weight and density to it that you can tell right away is special. These are premium fabrics.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They carry any Boglioli K/Coat jackets in long? or super long? Boglioli makes awfully short (or blogger length) jackets...
That may be true, but my beef with them is the extremely long arms (atleast for me hehe). Surgeon cuffs don't help as well. But damn they are drool worthily.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They carry any Boglioli K/Coat jackets in long?  or super long?  Boglioli makes awfully short (or blogger length) jackets...

I bought a heavy washed herringbone Boglioli jacket in a Long. But, as you state, Boglioli jackets are very short. Their Long is more like a regular. It was the same length as the Cucinelli I was wearing that day which was a Euro 52 R. Khaki's is one of the few places I'm aware of that carries Boglioli in Longs, but they usually only get one or two in any style so they disappear quickly.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That may be true, but my beef with them is the extremely long arms (atleast for me hehe). Surgeon cuffs don't help as well.  But damn they are drool worthily.

I wear a 35 shirt sleeve and their sleeves are long on me. They have surgeons cuffs so they need to be altered at the shoulder.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a few styles of Boglioli. I bought the first one. The terra cotta ones in the middle are very attractive and a nice variation on traditional colors for fall.

Last edited:

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That herringbone jacket is amazing, and goes absolutely perfectly with the jeans. Now I'm sad to have missed out on them. 

They have one left in a Euro 54 that is a perfect 52 actual fit for both Jason and myself. If that is your color and size, grab it now! You won't regret it. But, if you need a navy jacket they have several left in multiple sizes. I hope they keep it as a house staple for when I need a new navy jacket in a couple of years.

But, also head down and try on the jackets designed by Jim and made especially for Khaki's by Greenfield. The fabrics are beautiful and very luxurious. You won't find them anywhere else. Jim had them made up in several different cuts with some great details- open ticket pockets, British shoulder, soft shoulder, 1/4 lining, patch and flap pockets, cashmere, vicuna, some are more trim, some are cut more full. I think my favorite was a double face wool fabric with taped seams inside. Great handwork. There is something for everybody.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We tried them all on. They were very, very soft, with nice finishing and details. They are made by Martin Greenfield to Jim's own cut and design. They come in rich solids. (navy, black, deep camel) He said he sourced the vicuna and took it to Greenfield. By the way, the project manager for these jackets at Greenfield is the same guy who handles the Broadway Empire suits.

You can see pics of a few examples on their website. Their $3,700 price seems high but considering they are $10K or more everywhere else they are a value if you want vicuna, As an option he also has some very nice MG made 100% cashmere jackets in what appear to be the same cut and details at around $1,700.

The cloth selected for these cashmere or vicuna garments has a true luxury feel. This isn't a cheap department store cashmere used to make a price point. This has a weight and density to it that you can tell right away is special. These are premium fabrics.

thank you =)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads