• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20221208_093349.jpg 20221208_093254.jpg

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Ive had some disconcerting news today. In July, I ordered a pair of 180’s in golden brown alligator back in July. The shoes were sent out, held, then sent back due to a glitch in the paperwork.

They were sent again and held. Finally, I was invoiced my import fees which I paid. They were still not released.

Today, I was informed my shoes were confiscated. I will be getting an email to let me know why.

My contact at Weston-Charlotte Segues- has been outstanding in her service. I will update when I get more news
Did you finally get your shoes back?

bullethead

Reaction score
Did you finally get your shoes back?
I have not. Still being held at dhl facility. Had an update that a request was made to dispose of them. Not looking good. On the upside, this usually takes 30 business days. Hopefully, Weston can resolve the issue in that time. Not holding my breath though

Louis_HK

Reaction score
I have not. Still being held at dhl facility. Had an update that a request was made to dispose of them. Not looking good. On the upside, this usually takes 30 business days. Hopefully, Weston can resolve the issue in that time. Not holding my breath though
Oh no, sorry to hear that, you come to a deal with Weston who's gonna be responsible for the money involved?

bullethead

Reaction score
Oh no, sorry to hear that, you come to a deal with Weston who's gonna be responsible for the money involved?
I will cross that bridge if/when I get there. Adding a little more salt to the wound- I’ve already paid $388 to dhl for import duty. Amex will not refund this since they involve seized goods

Amilio

Reaction score
Does these look like Tan Grain?
Well, Mr Porter website score another point again.
Anyway, I have been looking for this color(Green) for quite some time,
was about to order from Galeries Lafayette, saw them this
afternoon and enquired with Mr Porter's CS, no solid answer.
Ordered anyway since it's free return , 15% off and there's only one pair of size 6D left.
Fingers crossed they will ship the right pair🤞

. View attachment 1848877
Hi, what's the verdict on these? Did you receive the right shoe?

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Hi, what's the verdict on these? Did you receive the right shoe?
They ended up shipping the Tan grain 6D to me the first time. After dozens of email/phone call/live chat, they finally made some adjustment to the web page and showing almost correct info, till this day it was still very confusing. But to made things worse, When they received my return, somebody mark it as a return on behalf of me instead of an exchange. And Mr Porter swore that there was nothing they could do to reverse it. But they have reserve the correct colour for me so I have to place the order again.

Amilio

Reaction score
What an ordeal. Glad it's half way worked out. Did you find that the size they list on the website is indeed the UK size listed on the box? I see they now transitioned to listing the US size, and when you click on it, it gives the UK size. Thank you!

Louis_HK

Reaction score
What an ordeal. Glad it's half way worked out. Did you find that the size they list on the website is indeed the UK size listed on the box? I see they now transitioned to listing the US size, and when you click on it, it gives the UK size. Thank you!
J.M. Weston's 180 size is one of a kind.
And Mr Porter sometimes got them right but mostly they just mess it up.
I have purchased 180 from Mr porter before and were aware Weston didn't
make special size for them so when they list as size 6UK means 180's size 6.
Which almost equals to UK size 7, D width is actually pretty wide.
On the shoe box it's listed 6D. When J.M. Weston were still using
harder more sturdier shoe box, they have it listed as 6d / UK 7D / US 7/D
m99582822256_6.jpg

Amilio

Reaction score
J.M. Weston's 180 size is one of a kind.
And Mr Porter sometimes got them right but mostly they just mess it up.
I have purchased 180 from Mr porter before and were aware Weston didn't
make special size for them so when they list as size 6UK means 180's size 6.
Which almost equals to UK size 7, D width is actually pretty wide.
On the shoe box it's listed 6D. When J.M. Weston were still using
harder more sturdier shoe box, they have it listed as 6d / UK 7D / US 7/D
View attachment 1870962
Thank you! Very helpful.

Tutu

Reaction score
Which colour would you recommend for the first pair of 180?
Black calf/Dark brown/ Tan?
Own a pair of whisky CJ harvard, so tan may not be the first choice for me.

Louis_HK

Reaction score
Which colour would you recommend for the first pair of 180?
Black calf/Dark brown/ Tan?
Own a pair of whisky CJ harvard, so tan may not be the first choice for me.
Black? Black Grain?
I own a few pairs of 180 but not black 🤣
I’m not a black shoe fan , I don’t think I own any black shoes, the closest is a pair of church’s ebony loafers. But I see most of Japanese who purchased 180, a great majority’s first was black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads