• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston appreciation thread

MaE

Reaction score
https://www.printemps.com/de/en/search?query=jm+weston

Nearly every Weston shoes are 70% off.
If you happen to have access to a freight forwarder, this is a great chance to shop for some Weston. They only ship within EU, so you need a shipping forwarder to ship them back to wherever you are. But beware, Printemp use extra large box to ship, so if your forwarder use volumetric calculation on your shipment, better ask them to get rid of the shipping box.

Thanks again for highlighting this sale. I was able to get a pair of 180 for 210 Euros shipped, amazing amazing deal!

3FD41777-105A-4E30-9457-F026662FA8D6.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pair of 180s received. Left toe is cramped against the lining, right is nearly there. Width is about where it should be provided stretch.

i imagine these are too short, eh?

MaE

Reaction score
Well, it's hard to tell based on your message. In my experience, the 180 expands quite a bit after the first few wears, but if it's really uncomfortable and problematic length-wise then I think yeah, they might be too small for you. What size did you take in the 180 and what's your general size in other brands?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's hard to tell based on your message. In my experience, the 180 expands quite a bit after the first few wears, but if it's really uncomfortable and problematic length-wise then I think yeah, they might be too small for you. What size did you take in the 180 and what's your general size in other brands?

I took a stab at the 9.5 E Weston / 10.5 E UK. My feets are anomalies and hard to fit properly, but they're roughly 12.5 D Brannock, with my right longer than my left.

A size up with definitely help with length.

bullethead

Reaction score
^ that seemed a little ambitious. I’m a 14d on the brannock and wear a 13 in weston. The 12 was much too tight after about half an hour. Never had the chance to try the 12.5. When my 13’s arrive the are somewhat big-I always think I’ve made the wrong choice. Once they soles break in, however, they are good

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did any of you return a pair of 10E (11E UK) 180s to Mr. Porter? I've been waiting with bated breath over here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pair I purchased from Mr. Porter recently was listed as 10.5E which ended up being the UK size. Are they consistently using the UK size listed on the box these days or is it still a crapshoot?

Louis_HK

Reaction score
The pair I purchased from Mr. Porter recently was listed as 10.5E which ended up being the UK size. Are they consistently using the UK size listed on the box these days or is it still a crapshoot?
The info on Mr Porter's page is notoriously inaccurate. Sometimes they listed as US size(for US website), and sometimes they listed as EU size or UK size (Hong Kong). But no matter which country, the info is inaccurate most of the time. And don't bother contact the so call "customer service", they just read out the content from the website to you.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the "10 UK" listed by Mr. Porter was indeed a 10 Weston size, which in my case I was banking on. I will note that where other Weston boxes list the Weston, UK and US sizes, this pair came in a box only listing the Weston size.

IMG_1243.jpg

The previous pair I picked up from Mr. P was listed as "10.5 E" with no identification of which measure it was using. They ended up being 10.5 UK.

Further confusion, as was pointed out previously, this Hunter Green pair was listed as "Brown" on Mr. Porter, "Brown" corresponding per Weston and at least some pictures on Mr. P to a tan color.

No matter, as I actually don't mind the Hunter Green and am fairly convinced this size will work for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads