• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did plaid kilts become female clothing?

Agama54

Reaction score
Why did people adopt the plaid skirt with folded knife pleats for females even though it was invented and originally worn by Celtic males?

Or are the Celtic males who wore them homosexual? This is not meant to be an offensive racist question. I am just curious. I heard some people say that the Celtic males who wore those plaid kilted skirts were actually female in personality. Is this true?

I mean now in the West and in the whole world, the kilted plaid skirt is seen and used by many as a very feminine clothing such as in Western highschools and also anime. How did this happen? How did a piece of clothing originally worn by Celtic males come to be used and seen as a very feminine clothing?

This will be a nightmare for many straight males with a skirt fetish, a maxi skirt fetish, and especially a maxi pleated kilted plaid skirt fetish because the highschool plaid kilted pleated skirts actually makes girls look not like females but look like Celtic males.

This will also be a nightmare for many anime fans attracted to anime girls because the highschool plaid kilted pleated skirts often worn by anime girls actually makes anime girls look not like females but look like Celtic males.

Why did those Celtic skirts get adopted as feminine clothing? What was the psychology behind this? And how can we stop pleated kilted plaid skirts from being used, seen, and portrayed as feminine clothing in highschools, in anime, and in all places and give it the proper respect it deserves which is to not culturally appropriate those skirts. We can prevent cultural appropriation of those skirts by letting only Scottish males wear them.

By the way, I find it funny that Celtic males get butthurt when people call tartan kilts as skirts despite the fact that they look and function the same as any other types of skirts.

Whose idea was it to make plaid kilted skirts as feminine clothing? Who are the people who started to turn those skirts into clothings used by females? Who are the people responsible for this?

sajesak

Reaction score
Why did people adopt the plaid skirt with folded knife pleats for females even though it was invented and originally worn by Celtic males?

Or are the Celtic males who wore them homosexual? This is not meant to be an offensive racist question. I am just curious. I heard some people say that the Celtic males who wore those plaid kilted skirts were actually female in personality. Is this true?

I mean now in the West and in the whole world, the kilted plaid skirt is seen and used by many as a very feminine clothing such as in Western highschools and also anime. How did this happen? How did a piece of clothing originally worn by Celtic males come to be used and seen as a very feminine clothing?

This will be a nightmare for many straight males with a skirt fetish, a maxi skirt fetish, and especially a maxi pleated kilted plaid skirt fetish because the highschool plaid kilted pleated skirts actually makes girls look not like females but look like Celtic males.

This will also be a nightmare for many anime fans attracted to anime girls because the highschool plaid kilted pleated skirts often worn by anime girls actually makes anime girls look not like females but look like Celtic males.

Why did those Celtic skirts get adopted as feminine clothing? What was the psychology behind this? And how can we stop pleated kilted plaid skirts from being used, seen, and portrayed as feminine clothing in highschools Painters in Seattle WA, in anime, and in all places and give it the proper respect it deserves which is to not culturally appropriate those skirts. We can prevent cultural appropriation of those skirts by letting only Scottish males wear them.

By the way, I find it funny that Celtic males get butthurt when people call tartan kilts as skirts despite the fact that they look and function the same as any other types of skirts.

Whose idea was it to make plaid kilted skirts as feminine clothing? Who are the people who started to turn those skirts into clothings used by females? Who are the people responsible for this?
The adoption of the plaid skirt by females, despite its Celtic male origins, is a result of changing fashion trends and cultural evolution. Fashion styles evolve over time, and certain garments become associated with specific genders based on societal norms and perceptions. This evolution is influenced by factors like media representation and individual preferences, rather than specific intentions or personalities of Celtic males who originally wore the garment. Cultural appropriation concerns should be addressed through promoting awareness and respect for diverse cultural backgrounds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads