• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up on GAP Chambray shirt.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
Your schtick is played out. Find a new one.
I might make all my posts about buttons now based on this alone. But considering the person that incited the original post wandered in, it was too timely to not point out. I simply love the fact most SF members can't pick even mall brand detailing out with a magnifying glass. I can't find the post off the top of my head bu I remember about a year ago people were pleasuring themselves to Rag and Bone's metal buttons. J. Crew had almost IDENTICAL buttons on some pieces and people called them cheap looking.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccentric
So I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a maruchan instant lunch...opinions?

Brands like that are looked down upon on this forum so be careful. Search the forums for CharlieAngel's Stone Milled. Its already been mentioned in this thread and I'm sure you could just give him a call and ask him all about it. Its good entry-level premium pasta for those who don't want to spend too much, though you will probably get bored of it quickly and move on to the higher quality Italian brands.

At least you didn't start a special farfalle thread.

BoilerRoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
The fit is actually superior to sized down J. Crew. The J. Crew's proportions are odd, and it drapes weirdly. Unless a washer + dryer cycle fixes those issues, I think the GAP shirt's fit is clearly slimmer and more flattering.

Really? I'm 5'8" 145 and find a jcrew tailored fit small to fit great, but a Gap small is way to tight on the chest and has an overall boxy appearance.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoilerRoom
Really? I'm 5'8" 145 and find a jcrew tailored fit small to fit great, but a Gap small is way to tight on the chest and has an overall boxy appearance.
All Gap's shirts are cut differently. I'm 5' 9.5, 160 with a 40 chest and I just picked up the red/black and white/black plaid gauze in small. They fit perfectly. I tried on the chambray in a small, but it was way too tight in the pits. The medium was horrid, but it doesn't matter since I couldn't get past the buttons anyway. Conversely, J Crew's secret wash shirts in small are too constricting, but their flannels in a small are fine.

mr. burns

Reaction score
got the gray one. :x i'm about 5'9" 145 and got the small.
chambray.jpg

false

Reaction score
I'd love to buy one of Zissou's chambrays but I'm poor and I have to eat ramen just to be able to afford the gap version so whatever. Picked one up and its awesome. Yes it would be nice to have everything bespoke and authentic etc. but it fits perfectly and looks great. People put to much emphasis on labels and not enough on doing well with what you got. Its a bit of a separate rant but as someone living where there's a Uniqlo every five feet, its hilarious to see how much people ride uniqlo's jock here and then turn around and call Gap peasant status. They're both good sources of cheap basics. Anyway, I'll try and get up a fit pic later.

Edit: Hooligan, looks good but un-tuck it or pull down your pants or get lower rise jeans or something. Your torso looks like a box in that shot.

esaul17

Reaction score
How do these fit anyway? I find GAP's stuff is often too relaxed in it's fit for me (I prefer fits of shirts at H&M and Zara).

Is this likely to have the same problem?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a relaxed fit, definitely not slim. If you have an athletic build (broad shoulders, narrow waist) it will be blousy.

esaul17

Reaction score
Any advice for where I could get a similar shirt at a similar pricepoint in a slimmer fit?

menofcharisma

Reaction score
I bought the JCrew sunfaded red chambray shirt, and while I love the shirt, the fit is a little off. I got it in a large, and the sleeves are effing huge and the body is a tad long. I have an athletic build (6'1" 185lbs.) and the sleeves were still too baggy. I wear it tucked, never untucked. I'll have to get the sleeves tailored, because it was too good to return.

Do you think a thin fabric like that would be any harder for a tailor to take in?

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
Here's my gray chambray... I posted it on my blog today

DSC06962.jpg

This looks terrible. You are way to short to be wearing your pants that high. All you need is suspenders and a pocket protector and you would be the white version of Steve Urkel.

Rolfi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by esaul17
Any advice for where I could get a similar shirt at a similar pricepoint in a slimmer fit?

take the shirt to a taylor

but i don't think that would work out too well
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads