• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up on GAP Chambray shirt.

B Hamilton

Reaction score
land's end anyone?
smile.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson
only people that shop at the gap are teenagers in my area. are you a teenager or is that decrepit old man in your avatar you ?

Ha ha. Yeah, and I hang out in Gap just waiting for the right moment to fondle young guys like you. BEWARE!! BRA HA HA HA HAAA.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson
Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll **** you in your ass you punk white boy. You ******. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you *****. C'mon anybody in here can't **** with this. This is the ultimate, man. **** you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll **** you ********** in front of everybody. You *****.... come on, you *****. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to **** with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, *****. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white *****. Scared of the real man. I'll **** you 'til you love me, ******!
eh.gif

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought two gap chambray shirts to wear to work since any shirt i wear to work gets destroyed really fast. i work around a lot of machinery. i was expecting bad fits and what not. its not that bad just seems like theres no consistency though.

the material is another story of course it isn't as great but its a beater shirt. i do notice after the bicep area it tapers down some but the bicep area is roomy. yea i'm really skinny but boo and gitman vintage is geared more towards me. this is made for general masses.

i regularly wear band of outsiders xs and gitman vintage xs for ref. i find it funny that the side gussets i think its called is almost cut as high as boo in one of the style shirts.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
gp750128-00p01v01.jpg
eh.gif

That shirt is actually really nice. It has a lot of depth to it with the white threads showing. I think it's one of Gap's best shirts right now.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Ha ha. Yeah, and I hang out in Gap just waiting for the right moment to fondle young guys like you. BEWARE!! BRA HA HA HA HAAA.

lol8[1].gif

yayorc

Reaction score
the material is gross and doesnt breathe at all.

YOgun27

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
gp750128-00p01v01.jpg
eh.gif

I just picked up this exact shirt for a whopping $8.25 from GAP today in Maryland. (Most GAP stores are having an extra 40% off sale merchandise today, so you might get lucky and find a chambray shirt on the sale rack.)

For that price, I don't care what the quality is, plus the fit is not bad at all.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YOgun27
For that price, I don't care what the quality is, plus the fit is not bad at all.

This is why I had to stop going by the Gap every time the wife wanted to go to the mall. I always end up with a lot of crap from there because it was "too cheap to pass up." I finally ended up donating a couple garbage bags full of crap like this recently. I am now at the point where I still kinda like some of those Gap shirts but it's just not worth it, in the end it's still crap, just inexpensive.

That being said, that was good deal
smile.gif

YoPete525

Reaction score
pretty sure that some of shirts listed as "chambray" (the black western, dark grey railroad) are actually made of denim

srgprod

Reaction score
The red Chambray is still available in some stores in LA for $ 12. Really nice shirt. The new for fall white cotton shirt with tab collar and catseye buttons is also great.

srendam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoPete525
pretty sure that some of shirts listed as "chambray" (the black western, dark grey railroad) are actually made of denim

Is this good or bad?

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srgprod
The red Chambray is still available in some stores in LA for $ 12. Really nice shirt. The new for fall white cotton shirt with tab collar and catseye buttons is also great.

Prox...y?

I know, I'm asking someone to proxy something from the GAP, and I'm ok with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads