• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give your best advice to an expecting father

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been said many times before, but Congratulations! That picture brings a smile to my face.

I'm pretty far away from being a father myself but I know my dad has said that having children is a tremendous blessing and now is looking forward to someday with grandkids, haha. I hope they stay happy and healthy!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Wow! Can't believe I missed this. Congratulations! Have you slept yet?

Oh I sleep fine. My wife and her mother on the other end are up 3 or 4 times a night.

Thanks
smile.gif
When is Howard Yount starting a boys line?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Tout mes vÅ“ux de bonheur et fÃ
00a9.png
licitations aux heureux parents.

Merci Fuuma

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Merci Fuuma

Can't believe I missed that. They look positively asian like most other newborn halfies I've seen, seing the outward display of their two heritage vary as they grow up will be a source of constant wonder. I'd be cool if they had some frizzy hair.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Can't believe I missed that. They look positively asian like most other newborn halfies I've seen, seing the outward display of their two heritage vary as they grow up will be a source of constant wonder. I'd be cool if they had some frizzy hair.

Actually, they look very different and both an interesting mix of Asian and Caucasian:

- Leo has a much more Asian face, especially the eyes (everyone says he looks like his mom) but a pinkish skin tone like his father
340270187603_0_ALB.jpg

- Sam has a more Caucasian face (apparently looks like me) but has his mom's olive skin tone and the Mongolian spot on his back.
784089187603_0_ALB.jpg

They get along just fine
smile.gif
(so far)
854229187603_0_ALB.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, they look very different and both an interesting mix of Asian and Caucasian:

- Leo has a much more Asian face, especially the eyes (everyone says he looks like his mom) but a pinkish skin tone like his father
340270187603_0_ALB.jpg

- Sam has a more Caucasian face (apparently looks like me) but has his mom's olive skin tone and the Mongolian spot on his back.
784089187603_0_ALB.jpg

They get along just fine
smile.gif
(so far)
854229187603_0_ALB.jpg

you will be very amused when you see them develop differnt personalities. with my twins, the one that looks less like me has a lot of my personality, and vice versa. it is very cool to watch develop. enjoy

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh I sleep fine. My wife and her mother on the other end are up 3 or 4 times a night.

Thanks
smile.gif
When is Howard Yount starting a boys line?

Excellent. Nice that your wife's mother can help.

Ah, probably not for a long time. Although if I have a boy in a year or two, I'll probably have to do a tiny run of child's size knit ties.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Ah, probably not for a long time. Although if I have a boy in a year or two, I'll probably have to do a tiny run of child's size knit ties.
Do it! There is high demand (well.. there is some demand) and no supply...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by valuesourcer
hi! congratulations!

i read this man's blogs and one of them is effective parenting: Parroting101

Thanks!

This article is so bad that I officially added his blog to my do-not-read list. ugh

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bumping my thread to ask the fathers of twins (and others) for recommendations for a travel playpen/cot. Need something for the nany to occasionally put both boys in, but more often one while taking care of the other one or something else.

Looked at the Baby Bjorn that looks great, light and so easy to fold/unfold. But clearly too small for two monsters. The Graco Pack n Play are a nightmare to operate/fold and weigh 30 lbs - who travels with something that heavy? The Graco square playard looks just light enough and maybe just big enough for two?

I'm lost - need help

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads