• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frank Lloyd Wright Lego sets

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
i have to agree. i saw this in person and the fact that is isnt inhabitable is a deal breaker. thing built from legos that arent in the scale of the lego universe bother me more than they probably should
Man, you guys are weird. Not inhabitable by little plastic men?? Id get it just for the coolness of it, not cause it works in my make belief lego world.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I loved building **** with legos. Obviously, as a kid, you just had an assload of random lego pieces that you built whatever you wanted with. Along the same lines, did anyone here play with Knex? I swear, between Legos and Knex I never had time for anything else.
KNEX - Yes. I had the rollercoaster set, I do believe. Not this exact one but one similar:
AAAAAjBmxH4AAAAAABETHA.jpg
yes, big timer. The worst part was those little green nubs about 1/4" long you had to put in and take out of the 8 spoke hub thing. Killed my poor little fingers Ok,Im really considering getting one of these sets now. It would look awesome in my small, cramped,messy, ikea and target inspired room

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
KNEX - Yes. I had the rollercoaster set, I do believe. Not this exact one but one similar:

AAAAAjBmxH4AAAAAABETHA.jpg

yes, big timer.

The worst part was those little green nubs about 1/4" long you had to put in and take out of the 8 spoke hub thing. Killed my poor little fingers

Ok,Im really considering getting one of these sets now. It would look awesome in my small, cramped,messy, ikea and target inspired room

What's realy freaking sad (and I'm being completely serious here) is that I would probably have a harder time building that **** now than I did when I was 8. Seriously, back then, if you'd give me 8,000 separate Knex pieces and a drawing of the final product and I'd have it figured out in 30 minutes. Nowadays, give me a bookshelf from Ikea, where I have to screw the shelves into the body, and I'm confused for 3 hours.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's realy freaking sad (and I'm being completely serious here) is that I would probably have a harder time building that **** now than I did when I was 8. Seriously, back then, if you'd give me 8,000 separate Knex pieces and a drawing of the final product and I'd have it figured out in 30 minutes. Nowadays, give me a bookshelf from Ikea, where I have to screw the shelves into the body, and I'm confused for 3 hours.

That's because when you were 8, you had your parents to help you. Now that you have to do it yourself, your lack of intelligence has been highlighted.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
That's because when you were 8, you had your parents to help you. Now that you have to do it yourself, your lack of intelligence has been highlighted.

Who the hell had their parents help them build Knex and Lego ****? WTF man.
I've just gotten more and more dumb as more and more info has invaded my brain space.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who the hell had their parents help them build Knex and Lego ****? WTF man.
I've just gotten more and more dumb as more and more info has invaded my brain space.

I think the source of this phenomenon has to do with the content of your avatar.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had Knex too. Knex was more for tinkering, while lego was more about imagination.

I built a knex van by my own design and would crash it into walls and down the steps to see where it would break first. I'd note the stress points and modify it to be stronger. It went through a lot of revisions. I was very scientific about the whole thing.

I wish I had fun like that now
frown.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll second the size complaints. Anyone picked up a lego box lately? I had one of these architectural sets in my hand recently and the box was so tiny and so light I literally questioned for a while whether the box actually contained legos or whether it was just a display box, or had some card in it you had to mail away for the actual legos.

These models are teeny. Pretty cool, but for the $$$... I'll pass.

xert

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Here's the lego police station I had as a kid:

6386_Police_Station_small.jpg

The dimensions of the baseplate are 32 pegs squared. That's twice the area of the Fallingwater model. These lego men would be gigantic in comparison!

Originally Posted by Davidko19
There is a store by me that specializes in legos. I have NO idea how he stays in business though. Not a lot of margin in selling 10 cent pieces of plastic

Dude... I asked for the $100 pirate ship as a kid and totally fucked it up. All the ropes and stuff were so complicated for an 8 year old. So everything eventually went to the spare parts tub and I just played with the pirates

6285-1.jpg

Wow. The pirate ship I remember quite easily. I think it came with a good guy or two as well, or perhaps I had that already, but I gave the pirates all the rifles and the good guys all the pistols so the pirates could win every time. But it sat on the top of my bookshelf long after I had quit playing with it, so it came back quite easily.

The police station, on the other hand, was a complete deja vu. That set hadn't been together in so long I would have never remembered it without that picture.

Anyone else forgotten about the gas station?

6397_brickset.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was too poor for Lego. Seriously.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xert
The police station, on the other hand, was a complete deja vu. That set hadn't been together in so long I would have never remembered it without that picture.

There are design flaws with the police station. Namely, you have to take a helicopter to get to the second story.

Anyone else forgotten about the gas station?
There were several gas stations. I had this Shell station:

6378-1.jpg

I also had a Legoland hospital. I don't know if I had this monstrosity in particular (all my Legos are now with my niece and nephew), but I do know I had those doors and the railing trim:

hospital-1.jpg

I grew up in a time before the Lego universe splintered into all these little specialized groups. I had some of the space stuff and some of the medieval stuff, but the standard "Legoland" sets were my favorite.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I was too poor for Lego. Seriously.

The more specialized the Lego sets got, the more expensive they got. In the mid-'80s, I don't think there were any Lego sets that cost much more than $20.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
The more specialized the Lego sets got, the more expensive they got. In the mid-'80s, I don't think there were any Lego sets that cost much more than $20.

What did I know. My dad told me that packaging/boxing popcorn and Elmer's glue was just as good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads