• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Soletrane is it safe to assume the old Outfitter bag is too big for a gym locker? I have seen pictures were it looks gigantic and others were not so big- Love the idea of outside compartment for my boots

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
How about this?

Dimensions: 20" L x 10" W x 12" T
Is that the medium Traveler? Spotted that today when I was shopping around online. It might give me the little extra room I am looking for.

Thanks for the heads up on this bag and thanks to @Soletrane for giving me the brand - I think I am going to try the Pelle bag out with whiskey Horween leather - I see my favorite bootmaker is carried on their site so that right there is a good endorsement!

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kahuna75,
The Outfitter Bag is sizeable. Definitely not a gym bag unless you're carrying some serious equipment to the gym. I think the small duffle bag is more traditional gym locker sized.

The Vermilyea Bag is a very nice carry-on sized duffle. If you get it, please post some photos. If they make one in black again, I would be tempted.

masayako

Reaction score
Glad you guys enjoy my recommendation. VP is making great bags nowadays. I've just got their Horween Whiskey messenger bag, and I absolutely love it.

masayako

Reaction score
No, it's been discontinued unfortunately. It's a shame. To me, it's the best size between 256, 257 & 258.

masayako

Reaction score
Rumor has it: Filson's gonna to discontinue the 48 hours tin-cloth duffle as well since it overlaps with the Field duffle and/or the small duffle & it costs more to make. Anyone know if this is true? I'd hate to see that happen because it's my next purchase on my to-buy list...

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for one that can double as a camera bag with an insert? (Insert recommendation as well) - I do have a 257 on the way to replace my 10 year old jack spade messenger...

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium field bag. Tenba pro digital 2 insert fits like it was custom made. Filson zippers don't play so nice with expensive camera equipment

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumor has it: Filson's gonna to discontinue the 48 hours tin-cloth duffle as well since it overlaps with the Field duffle and/or the small duffle & it costs more to make. Anyone know if this is true? I'd hate to see that happen because it's my next purchase on my to-buy list...

Doesn't that mean it'll be discounted?

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking back, I see the discounting primarily when an item was not popular - perhaps to sell off large excess inventory. Discontinued relatively popular items seem to just quietly disappear from the online catalog.

travsirocz

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new Filson shoulder straps that are wider and come without the pad? I think it has a good look if you want cleaner lines. The store associate says they are available in store only and I have yet to see them online anywhere.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Medium field bag. Tenba pro digital 2 insert fits like it was custom made. Filson zippers don't play so nice with expensive camera equipment

Why would you say the zippers dont play nice?

ANy other bag recommendations for a camera + 3-4 lenses?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would you say the zippers dont play nice?

ANy other bag recommendations for a camera + 3-4 lenses?

Not the end of the world, depending on how anal you are about your equipment - but the zippers will scratch metal/glass. Wouldn't be my first choice (the Magnum collaboration bags, which are another Filson camera option, avoid the standard metal zippers).

Ecstasy

Reaction score
Hi gentlemen, I have the navy Original Briefcase but the bridle leather strap is too hard on my shoulder.

Where can I get the nylon strap (used in the Tablet Briefcase below)? I'm located in Asian so an online seller is ideal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads