• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Knight

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Bedford Khaki cotton version. Also got a navy reversible vest [paisley one side // large white polka dot the other] Hula Girl 19th BD, and the Truman vest indigo denim. Super excited and will be taking fit pics once i receive it. I also got me some Needles pieces which is a first for me. I got the Floral string pant in brown and a plaid cardigan.

Does anyone have experience wearing Needles before. I apologise if i ask a question relative to a different label on this EG thread. The ReBuild pieces look unreal.

Thanks in advance...

JOA

Reaction score

^ I have that shirt and it's great. I bought the vertical striped version as well from thebureue since the fit of the tab collar shirt is near perfect for me this season. So much better than last S/S, which was too small.

Yeah, I'm with you. The Tab Collar & Popover are the only EG shirts I generally buy.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pulled the trigger on the Bedford Khaki cotton version. Also got a navy reversible vest [paisley one side // large white polka dot the other] Hula Girl 19th BD, and the Truman vest indigo denim. Super excited and will be taking fit pics once i receive it. I also got me some Needles pieces which is a first for me. I got the Floral string pant in brown and a plaid cardigan.

Does anyone have experience wearing Needles before. I apologise if i ask a question relative to a different label on this EG thread. The ReBuild pieces look unreal.

Thanks in advance...

I've handled the rebuild jacket at Nepenthes. It was absolutely excellent except that my style sucks too hard to own a jacket like that.

Knight

Reaction score
I've handled the rebuild jacket at Nepenthes. It was absolutely excellent except that my style sucks too hard to own a jacket like that.

Nice! I think anyone can wear it my friend, no one's style sucks, i would bit the bullet and wear it :) Im hesitating bc i got the Field Jacket from EG also in Olive and it would be an impulse i hate to say. But i saw this on the Bureau's webstore and its just phenomenal.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knight - fit pic of the field jacket? Without the hood?

Tempted to buy the railroader in Chambray, anyone seen it in person?

JilSlander

Reaction score
Just an FYI about the Railroader -- my denim one from FW12 flares out at the bottom (seems to be a common trend inEG outerwear pieces).

Overall, it's a great piece. I'd get the Navy Twill from SS13, but my wallet is severely lacking.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
My Field , in Navy , better with hood off , £430 rrp is daft , bit of a letdown .

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did you get the patchwork one from? How much? I want that one sooo bad!!!

Also, are those your pics? Did you have to size up on the patchwork one?

Last edited:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! I think anyone can wear it my friend, no one's style sucks, i would bit the bullet and wear it :) Im hesitating bc i got the Field Jacket from EG also in Olive and it would be an impulse i hate to say. But i saw this on the Bureau's webstore and its just phenomenal.
Word to the wise on the Rebuild pieces--every single one is different, pockets in all sorts of crazy places and ****. Patchwork Baker is ******* bomb. Guess those pics settle that it is indeed a Baker, not a Bedford.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, found it at End. Price isn't too bad...measurements look ok too. Hmm....only one left in my size....

RePask746

Reaction score

where did you get the patchwork one from? How much? I want that one sooo bad!!!

Also, are those your pics? Did you have to size up on the patchwork one?

Yeah,end has it.Actually I think end is the only store carries this jacket in the UK.cant find it anywhere else.
And yes I have to size up.small size would be too short for me!

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance...

I think Needles stuff should mix in well with your EG stuff, interested the floral string pants myself, would be interested to see a fit.

I have a shawl collar Rebuild jacket that I got from another SF member a while back and absolutely love it. All the pockets and wild details are really cool. Mine seems to fit me perfectly which I was rather surprised about considering its quite an unusual jacket and each piece is unique - maybe I just got lucky! Its quite voluminous (in the sleeves for example) and so requires pants that have some volume for balance, a lot of my pants are a bit too slim. I'm guessing EG workaday fatigues would work really well.

The front left side of mine was apparently a trouser liner (to be worn over a uniform) in a former life and has some random instructions like LUBRICATE ZIPPER on the inside
smile.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members