• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 18

Beedub

Reaction score
Some pics of the EG x Barbour here:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/autumn-winter-2018-menswear/barbour-x-engineered-garments/collection

I think it’s going to be fairly widely available- a local store here (Leicester in the UK) is getting the collab through their stocking Barbour, not EG.

They have the new EG x Trickers collab at NNY. They're hella turbo and definitely have a more Japanese market feel to them.

They also do have the 4 Barbour jackets in olive (making it black, navy and olive). I had to size down––and got the very last small zip parka in any color, so maybe an easy pass for most folks given they're literally unavailable. Asked about other stockists for the jacket and they said definitely Nepenthes JP, but didn't think it was being distributed anywhere else. Given the complexity of the manufacture, I find it hard to believe that they only created 3 or 4 in each color in each size, but maybe that's why the prices are so high.

aswan

Reaction score
@ChetB I actually mistook the olive for black in the shop. I don't have my Bedale out atm, but I recall it being much lighter in color than the EG fabric.

@Beedub Ah––makes sense that because Barbour is handling the distro, NNY would have no idea. Should've done more reconnoitering because I was really after the navy version. C'est la vie.

At any rate, worth sizing down for most folks unless you're really into the super loose EG FW seasons.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello All,

A couple of things. We started our Summer Sale yesterday and we realize that you'd want to know what we have available from EG. We'll try to put that up as soon as possible but in the meantime, you could refer to the link we put up at our Memorial Day Sale, knowing that sizes won't be up to date but discounts will remain the same.
We just got back from NYC and did our EG buy for SS19. Looks good and much fuller like the old days.

I know I have been remiss in not getting the FW 18 thread going but we've been slammed and we just entered the 21st century with our first ever POS system. Kinda missing our old school cash register. We'll be working on this this week, so stock up on your comments.

Should you have any questions about our present offering on sale, please feel free to contact us.
Our phone: 617-547-2067. Our emails: [email protected] [email protected]
PM's : Drinkwaters CSCoHammers7

Thanks!

besbesbes

Reaction score
That video is stupid...... So a normal G9 with a funky lining, maybe?
Hypebeast article summs up all the alterations made:
"Key features of the capsule include the lack of tartan lining from the G9, which is replaced by Engineered Garment’s written logo, and the addition of sleeve gussets and micro-buckles on the G4."
It also mentions that these will come in black and navy.
Here's the original article:
https://hypebeast.com/2018/7/engineered-garments-baracuta-collab-fw18

El QUaG

Reaction score
Haven posting the lookbook before Vogue? That's a first. Also great to see the FWK included in the mix of photos.

Also the new photography by Antony Crook is great, an intersting change up from Jima from the past few years.

lawlercon

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been quite a while. So awesome to see some familiar faces around here still. EG really keeps an audience, which is a rare thing these days in the f**** industry. Trying to fund an Upland vest (or trade for one, earthy colors in a non-wool fabric) so I'm trying to move this stuff - or trade. The WWM pieces are Daiki-era WWM, and it pains me to get rid of them but I just don't find myself wearing the light parka enough and the Maine Guide is better suited on someone who lives in the cold. It needs to be worn a lot, it's too beautiful.

I'm down to entertain any trades in EG (or similar brands) or, the prices are below. Add $7 for shipping.

Khaki Weather PolyCo Expedition Jacket (ss14) - worn about 6 times, size XL. $200
Navy ripstop mainline fatigues (ss12) - pretty heavily worn, size L (fits a 36-38). $60
Navy broadcloth BDU's (black buttons/strings) (ss14) - worn once, size 36 (fits a 36-38). $100
Khaki Mountain Parka (Daiki-era WWM, ss10) - pretty heavily worn, size XL. $80
Navy long sleeve crewneck with navy/black piping (fw16) - worn once, size XL - fits a large. $70
Grey/navy plaid EG Miner Shirt (fw13) - heavily worn, size XL - fits long length wise. $80
Black/grey wool Maine Guide Jacket (Daiki era WWM, fw10) - great condition, worn when I was on business/vacation up north only, size XL. $200
IMG_7327.JPG IMG_7328.JPG IMG_7333.JPG IMG_7334.JPG IMG_7325.JPG IMG_7326.JPG IMG_7329.JPG IMG_7330.JPG IMG_7331.JPG IMG_7336.JPG

IMG_7332.JPG

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Already in some Japan stores.
It depends on what each store ordered and the production schedule.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics