• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

JRS1979

Reaction score
Just email Odin. They helped me out before without any issues whatsoever with a Bedford to the UK.

Shingles

Reaction score
Unaltered. As you can see it looks big.

Sleeves slightly tucked up.

Buttoned. Somewhat what it would look like with the sleeves altered.

Side.

Back.

I can't decide whether to size down to a medium or keep the large and have my tailor alter the sleeves. I think that alone will do alot in making it look better. If I were to keep it, what more could I have my tailor do to adjust it for a better fit?

The large is good around the chest, and I'm afraid if I size down to medium it will be too tight in the chest area, especially if I would layer a vest or sweatshirt underneath.
Opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Don't mind the large boots, it's freezing here so I can't use the jacket in months anyway ;) Thanks.

36miles

Reaction score
Looks big in the shoulders too
Tailor cant fix that
Pretty long for my taste
Making it shorter messes with the placement of the buttons
I'd say def size down
But i'm newer to eg and no expert...
Beautiful jacket though

El QUaG

Reaction score
The Bureau Belfast got another shipment in very recently which I also missed. Of particular mention for me:

Bedford in khaki cotton pique

Field Jacket in Olive and Navy. No small or medium available in Olive left.

Wind Parker in all over Anchor Pattern I found to be quite interesting as well.

36miles

Reaction score
What's with all the shiny fabric?
Is it related to the surf thing or a general forward moving trend?
I feel like i'm a few years behind, wishing for more soft fabrics...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were metallic laced fabrics a few years ago. Although there has definitely been more non-natural fabrics (i.e., poly, nylon vs cotton, wool) in the last few seasons.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't with EG since it's US produced goods. I've ordered from Bureau a couple times with no trouble.

prurient

Reaction score
Same here (about The Bureau), no custom fees.

And Shingles, I've never ever bugged anyone on SF about 'fit', since I believe people should wear whatever makes them feel good... but EG + tight pants really rubs me wrong, especially with that nice jacket. Get a pair of relaxed pants... I think you might like the look.

Tororo

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time - it seems EG has crossed over into Fairy Boy territory. Maybe because it has an Asian designer or because if all the loud patterns and prints smaller men use for attention?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think the jacket would look fine with those jeans if the jacket fit properly. It being so oversized does make for an odd looking fit though.

I wear fairly slim fitting jeans and often pair it with an EG shirt and jacket...works fine for me. I do mix in looser fitting EG pants some too, and have just ordered a pair of Workaday fatigues from Gary...so we'll see how that goes.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^exactly, as long as you have the shop mark the customs form as "made in the usa" you should be ok.

And shingles, I would definitely size down on that truman (didnt you used to be a small?)

prurient

Reaction score

I wouldn't waste my time - it seems EG has crossed over into Fairy Boy territory. Maybe because it has an Asian designer or because if all the loud patterns and prints smaller men use for attention?

EG puts out a fairly ridiculous amount of pieces every season. Not sure what Fairy Boy means (is it homophobic slander? Sorry, English is my second language) but I agree they have certainty released some debatable stuff for the Supreme-loving, underground-hip-hop-namedropping crowd. I saw a vinyl-floral print backpack at HW Carter this weekend that made me cringe. I know I'm gonna see Tyler The Creator wearing it and cry.

Still thou', I feel like they are simply releasing more pieces since all the staples are still there in many fabrics/colors. Prints have been there forever, like... from 2007, so I'm not sure what your complain is about. When Odin was the only main retailer for EG in NY I would never see those prints since their buys were the safest/most boring, but now "everyone" in so called mainstream-fashion culture is into prints and I guess EG sells A LOT more. Good for them.

Also, are you racist?

Shingles

Reaction score

Same here (about The Bureau), no custom fees.

And Shingles, I've never ever bugged anyone on SF about 'fit', since I believe people should wear whatever makes them feel good... but EG + tight pants really rubs me wrong, especially with that nice jacket. Get a pair of relaxed pants... I think you might like the look.

No problem pal. I've got a couple looser fitting pants too. And I'm keen on trying the Olive Fatigues this season which will be my second pair of EG trousers (I just received the Anchor cambridge shorts which fit a bit tight but still good).
And for wearing EG with tight pants, I do it often and pull it off. Depends on what you wear. And as I mentioned, I didn't wear that jacket with those pants that day. Images was simply to illustrate the fit of the jacket. But yeah, I would agree it's not a very good combination that, but the jacket being too big makes for an even stronger contrast to the pants.

^exactly, as long as you have the shop mark the customs form as "made in the usa" you should be ok.

And shingles, I would definitely size down on that truman (didnt you used to be a small?)

Yes. And no. What is small and what is medium when it comes to EG? FW12 I was S in Work shirts and M in round collar and 19th cent. This season it's the other way around(!!!). Sizing going up and down like a f*cking roller coaster.
I've got both S and M stuff that fits great. This was my first item in L, I simply went with the measurements this time. And measured, my chest is 41.3".
21" p2p shirts fits me great, Nepenthes had this jacket measured at 20.5" p2p. :/

It's annoying not being able to try out the clothes beforehand. Sooner or later you'll get burned I guess.
Anyway thanks for your opinions, I'm afraid I agree with you :/. Will see with Adam at Odin if I can return it for an exchange. Cheers

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads