1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Knight

Knight Senior member

So exciting! Fatigue shorts in navy twill sound amazing!!!

2. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Hi Gary, have you ordered the Truman Pants in Ecru Cotton/Linen?

3. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

Anyone picked up the Long Banded Collar Shirt? Can't seem to find any info on the fit, even on Japanese stockist.

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Best bet is probably contacting Nepenthes NY. /broken record

1 person likes this.
  5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

There's an ecru truman pant?

I was told early in the season that there was no matching pant for the ecru truman jacket, can somebody confirm the existence of an ecru pant?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  6. JasperSims

JasperSims Member

My post got held for verification or something and just got the okay, so I don't think anyone saw it. Anyways, not trying to double post, but just curious as to what proxies you guys use/reccomend? Thanks again.

7. JasperSims

JasperSims Member

Hey,
    I made a post a couple days ago, but it got held for verification? Or something, so I don't think anyone saw it. Anyways, was just curious as to what proxies you guys use/recommend? Any information is really appreciated as I'm trying to pick something up from overseas store sooner than later. Thanks!

8. Grainer

Grainer Active Member

There is an ecru Truman pant, I got it from Nepenthes (with help from randomkoreandude for the proxy). It is quite cool, quite different than many other EG pants. Some slight pleats and no belt loops, just side tabs.

9. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I've used the eggplant and rakuten

http://www.eggplantjp.com/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/

10. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Do Japanese retailers deduct tax in a similar way European countries do for foreign customers?

11. Knight

Knight Senior member

Yeah I got one a couple weeks ago it's basically a long popover with a 19th BD style fit. It has pockets too hidden on each side.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. JasperSims

JasperSims Member

Thanks man! I know about Rakuten, but never heard of eggplant before. Was just wondering, does eggplant just do international orders from their store or can you use their service at other stores overseas? Thanks.

13. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Unfortunately, we did not.

14. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I would consider this as the default labeling of most garments today to protect the manufacturer from fabric failure due to consumer ignorance about how to properly care for garments. It never ceases to amaze me that when consulting a client as to how to care for a garment, that it's the "Deer in the headlights" look I get as a response. Gee wizz, I guess Momma is still doing your shit.
    First of all, you need to separate your garments into categories. Light, white, dark and delicate and as for delicate, I always do most of my laundry delicate and turn everything inside out to avoid fabric abrasion while your clothes are messing with each other during the wash cycle. Cold is always the way in which you should wash most of your clothing, the detergent formulas today work equally as well as they did in the days when warm or hot only got things clean. The only wash I do hot is my undergarments, sheets and towels. As for drying, I never use the dryer except for towels and sheets. Being tall and my Mom always drying the shit out of our clothing, I always ended up with my trousers up around my armpits, so no dryer because you lose size and and it diminishes the quality of the fabric.
    Here is a useful guide that you should print and put near your laundry or in your closet for reference when in doubt. Good luck!

http://www.textileaffairs.com/c-common.htm

Gary

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

I don't know. I've only used it to get an Orslow chambray shirt.

16. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Use Sutocorp proxy service, they are great

17. the year 1492

the year 1492 Senior member

has anybody had a chance to get some one on one time with the cavalry twill fabric?

18. JasperSims

JasperSims Member

Thanks man! Just sent sent them an e-mail.

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Sizing Question: EG has their Trail parka listed with around a 23.5 inch p2p measurement in Large...

If I have a chest of about 40-41 inches, would a large be a decent fit for me? Do people who wear M in EG size up for Parkas? I know Parkas are supposed to fit big and all. Never worn an EG piece before. Thanks guys.

20. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

stick with your true size, dont size up. but yes parkas do fit bigger.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013