1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

I don't remember if it was khaki or not... price was right around $375-400

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Thanks for the info, may decide to give the orange a shot. I think Independence has, but they don't have any of their SS EG online yet I guess.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Wondering how these pants fit before damage occurred? Was it a tight/firm fit aropund your waist and thighs?

4. abdaniel

abdaniel New Member

El QUaG --
    No, not at all. They are trimmer that what one might normally expect from a fatigue pant, but still a good amount of room in the waist/thigh region. I still used a belt to keep them up. The cut was perfect for what I had in mind (summer in Florida) which only added to the frustration when they pooped out on me.

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and interest. Just as an update, I have been trying to get in touch wit[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]h Independence but still have yet to hear back from them. Will call [/FONT]NepenthesNY tomorrow though.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. fafffff

fafffff New Member

Ta very much for the help about11oclock - I've also spoken to the bureau and they're getting it in a iridescent navy twill which sounds pretty cool. should be in this week

6. slstr

slstr Senior member

X-post from the waywt thread, my first EG piece. In love [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. RePask746

RePask746 Active Member

Give them a call or email them,you should be able to order via phone/email.

8. Shingles

Shingles Senior member

Damn. It looks better (and strangely enough less peacocky) than I expected. Got more pictures, of full body/outfit?

9. RePask746

RePask746 Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First strike of this season. CL cloth truman jacket(my fav this season) and work shirt.
    Truman jacket is just fantastic and the fabric is nice!!

2 people like this.
  10. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

We carry the iridescent scarf - the fabric is really wonderful, would translate well to a shirt

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

^thanks for that. Definitely getting closer to pulling the trigger...may give Independence a call.

12. abdaniel

abdaniel New Member

Great so apparently Independence contacted EG and this is what they had to say:

"Sorry to hear about this. I spoke to out production manager who is on copy here but it does not look like there is any fault from the manufacturing at all. We have checked the fabric quality as well and also something that is really standard strength for the weight of the fabric. Unfortunately the pants are not necessarily tanks and the seat was put through too much stress. Please send our apologies to the customer but we cannot do much at this point. He can however get it patched by using a reinforcement fabric behind the fabric and doing some sort of zig zag to place and secure."

PATCH IT!?! After four wears I am going to have to PATCH a $210 pair of pants that completely failed?!? hahah you know what, I'm good. PEACE EG, I have much better things to waste my money on. Anyone want a pair of a$$ torn fatigue in medium, let me know

13. slstr

slstr Senior member

I'm wearing slim jeans with it so I feel like I'll get slated by the EG hardcores in here, but check the waywt thread and there's a full shot there.

14. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Picked up 3 shirts this season: Blue madras work shirt, Chambray iridescent Chauncey, and chambray western. I only had a sizing issue with the Chauncey, I ordered a L and sent it back for a M. The only L that fit was the work shirt, the other two are in M. Other than the sizing issue, the material is top notch.

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

abdaniel - that really sucks, sorry to hear that. I have to say, I'm a little surprised they aren't stepping up to take care of this. Considering the retail cost vs. the wholesale cost and what I can only assume the production cost to be...it seems it would be a relatively cheap show of goodwill for them to replace them for you. That being said, I've been on their side of the desk as well, doing customer service/warranty work for a large manufacturer and I know that "no" is often the default response if it's not an obvious mfg. defect (because otherwise you will get taken advantage of, it's truly amazing what some people try and pull). That being said, I'd suggest trying to get the EG contact info from Independence and contacting them again and explaining your case from your perspective. I'm not sure if that contact is the same as just contact Nepenthes or not, but it's worth a try to get in touch with them personally at this point. Maybe even suggest sending the pants back to them on your dime so they can take a look and see how little wear and stress they have...sometimes pictures just can't convey the whole message.

16. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

abdaniel, sorry to hear. I suggest you reach out personally to Nepenthes; the email should be on their blog.

Also, how did those pants fit you? If you were going for a skinny look, it might be a reason why.

17. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this,
    but I just bought my first eg piece from a board member here.
    I don't know the season or the name of the jacket (perhaps someone can help me there too)
    All I know it is an engineers style jacket

it has a small hole in the upper pocket (looks like a small cut).
    I was told this is supposed to be there as a pencil pocket or something...just wanted to check if indeed this is supposed to be there.
    Thanks!

(second pic is not mine, but of the actual jacket)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  18. Edd

Edd Senior member

pi$$ poor that is, how did you pay for the goods? If it was paypal or by bank card i'd contact them to see best way of getting money back on faulty goods. I'd also send detailed pictures to nepethenes/ eg direct & get a personal answer through them & i'd mention that you have posted details of this on styleforum. Don't give up it's a matter of principle.

19. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

I had the same thing happen to a pair of SS11 Irving shorts. Except the whole front crotch split while I was out in public. Good times

20. IndependenceChi

IndependenceChi Well-Known Member

Spring/Summer 2013 Engineered Garments is now available on the Independence website, independence-chicago.com.

Check it out and let us know if you have any questions or wish to place an order via telephone at 312.675.2105 or email us at info@independence-chicago.com.