1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Thanks knight.
    One last question on the elastic cuff, is it too tight? I notice your wearing a watch, do you find it obstructive when trying to cover/uncover it with the sleeve? thanks again....

Oh and imho there is no real bedford fabric/color standout this season so you could easily get one in the future, whereas the ecru is probably the nicest truman to date, looks fantastic with jeans and afaik its a new fabric and if no other jacket gets made with it later you'll likely regret not buying it,,,, I already have a couple of fabric specific pieces I regret not getting in the past, it's not a club you want to join man.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Long sleeve 19th c bd.

3. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Long sleeve 19th c bd.

4. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Does the andover and truman fit similar? I tried on this seasons andover and it was TTS but I had to size up in the baker. Unfortunately I haven't been able to try on a truman. Thanks.

5. Knight

Knight Senior member

Agreed! The khaki is the way to go. But it seems you've nailed the 2 birds by getting a light blue windbreaker.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Truman the ecru linen one is stunning.

6. catchh

catchh Senior member

7. KenKoo

KenKoo New Member

OMG That's awful!! I hope this will work out for you eventually!

Hi everybody, I'm new here so please be gentle. Okay, so I'm all over EG now and have a couple of questions for you guys who've taken to have their stuff altered. I'm usually an XXS or XS in most brands and I've tried on a couple of EG shirts and jackets and I really want to make S work for me but I have to do something about that fit! Even with layering I have a lot of fabric sticking out like in all directions? Is that an issue for the other leaner guys in this thread? How do you make it work? I'm looking to buy the paisley blazer and maybe a couple of floral shirts and shorts, not too much into the parkas and rain jackets.

8. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Impeccable styling, but that's to be expected when Daiki is in charge.

Fig. 28 with the various chambrays and denim combo and Fig. 39 with the soft skirt/long shirt are great.

9. JOA

JOA Senior member

I have several 19th C. BDs (and 2 from SS '11) and I am also a size Medium. I find that the shirts fit very true to size (probably around a 21.5" chest measurement). Just be mindful of the short front placket, which many people see as having a "skirt-like" effect on the line of the shirt. Hope this is helpful.

10. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Very helpful! Thanks!

Has anyone seen this long banded collar shirt anywhere yet? (on the right)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  11. canstyleace

You had to size UP from an andover to a baker?, sleeve length perhaps?

12. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

Yea I tried on the navy andover in a medium, which is tts, and it fit perfect everywhere. Then I tried on the paisley baker in a medium and I couldn't even get it on. It was too slim in the body. Is the baker generally slimmer?

13. canstyleace

Usually the andover is slimmer than the baker, but then again its EG and fit varies season to season, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot,,,, (apparently based on daikis binge eating/dieting).

14. slide13

slide13 Senior member

you know, some people complain about the EG sizing variation season to season...I kinda like it. Keeps it interesting and if you happen to fall between sizes or some aspect of the fit on something just isn't working for you...then next year it may be perfect, who knows. My weight can fluctuate some too so it's nice to have a range to choose from...I have chambray workshirts spanning 6 seasons and love the variety...some are really slim and long, some are roomy and shorter, some are in between.

15. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Everything I wanted sold out instantly in XL :(
    I guess it's good for my wallet at least