• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

prurient

Reaction score
I want that crazy paisley Baker but usually I can't get my arms into an XXXXXXXL. That jacket is cut so weird (at least the summer version and especially when it's a Japanese store friendly version of it). I also want it half off.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you know, some people complain about the EG sizing variation season to season...I kinda like it. Keeps it interesting and if you happen to fall between sizes or some aspect of the fit on something just isn't working for you...then next year it may be perfect, who knows.

Frankly, I find it to be infuriating. If you live somewhere where you can try everything on, I guess it might be "interesting," but if you have to order things through the mail, sometimes from places that only accept returns for store credit (or, if things are on sale, not at all), you can end up being stuck with store credit that you don't want (when you return something & discover the size you really need is no longer in stock), or you have to keep something that doesn't fit. Add to that the steadily increasing price, and it's really starting be a major hassle.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a spring/summer 12 Douglas shirt jacket on eBay. Fits like a medium sized jacket - awesome for summer but too small for me :(

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frankly, I find it to be infuriating. If you live somewhere where you can try everything on, I guess it might be "interesting," but if you have to order things through the mail, sometimes from places that only accept returns for store credit (or, if things are on sale, not at all), you can end up being stuck with store credit that you don't want (when you return something & discover the size you really need is no longer in stock), or you have to keep something that doesn't fit. Add to that the steadily increasing price, and it's really starting be a major hassle.

Fair point...I do buy most of my EG locally and for the rest I rely on the collective wisdom in threads like this...which has worked so far but I'm sure not always. I sometime forget that I'm lucky to have an EG dealer here that I can shop at.

runningfrog

Reaction score
has anyone tried on the cambridge short this season?

i just ordered the navy anchor cambridge short from context and also picked up the pink madras work shirt. the cambridge short looks to run small from the context measurements, so i sized up to 30.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cambridge short runs small in the legs, less so in the waist I think. From the Context measurements I didn't think a 34 would fit in the waist for me but they fit great...in the waist, legs were super slim. Tried on the 36 which was a little big in the waist but great in the legs. I would definitely size up for myself unless you have really skinny legs.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any sort of cotton twill fabric in the Bedford this season?

Shingles

Reaction score

Anyone knows the US and EU stockists for this hooded North Wind Vest and also what colors/fabrics it's available in? Did email Nepenthes a couple of days ago but they haven't replied.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forget it, Nepenthes replied at last.

Last edited:

ekimneems

Reaction score
Went to Nepenthes yesterday. My fears about the popovers were confirmed. It's kind of a weird fit (just like you see from the sideways view on Context's model) that bellows out in the belly area. I'm sure it was planned that way, but it just looked really weird on me.

That said, I wasn't about to leave empty handed and I bought the Aero Jacket Reverse Sateen Cotton in Olive seen here:

Really nice construction as always, and as a short guy I appreciated the short fit on this. There was very little difference in size between the S and M. I'm usually in between an XS and a S and the S fits me perfectly. Looks slightly lighter, more like a true olive, in real life. It's warming up in the NY area so I'm layering up with this beauty today.

Edd

Reaction score

have said for the last few years that the attention to fit on most of the EG range is poor. I used to pick up a work shirt each season, but now i just buy beams + shirts which are slim but are sized & cut properly, add to this they are cheaper & better quality. I mean i picked up a medium work shirt a few seasons ago that measured 17"shoulder to shoulder, 22.2 pit-pit & 31" length i just fail to see who would have narrow shoulders, a big chest & would want a shirt below their arse. Same goes for some of the jackets. Trueman jacket size large 19.5" shoulder to shoulder, 21" pit to pit!

That said theres always an item that i pickup each season, this s/s i've bought navy cord type 5 jacket & will hopefully buy the olive penn jacket when i can find a size guide & a stockist.

weebarneyman

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know who is stocking the SS13 navy oversized floral lafayette shirt (with green flowers)?
Am struggling to find this in a small!
Thanks

weebarneyman

Reaction score
Hi Prurient, I had seen that, but I am a UK dweller and they don't ship to my locale!
Shame, as it is lovely!
Thanks

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Hi Prurient, I had seen that, but I am a UK dweller and they don't ship to my locale!
Shame, as it is lovely!
Thanks

I'm not sure if you read their website properly but I'm in the UK and I ordered from Odin about a month ago. You have to jump through a few hoops for them which I can see some people balking at but service was decent enough.

rotide

Reaction score
use a good proxy, dark animal on sufu had done me pick ups/orders from odin before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads