• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

ekimneems

Reaction score

No problem pal. I've got a couple looser fitting pants too. And I'm keen on trying the Olive Fatigues this season which will be my second pair of EG trousers (I just received the Anchor cambridge shorts which fit a bit tight but still good).
And for wearing EG with tight pants, I do it often and pull it off. Depends on what you wear. And as I mentioned, I didn't wear that jacket with those pants that day. Images was simply to illustrate the fit of the jacket. But yeah, I would agree it's not a very good combination that, but the jacket being too big makes for an even stronger contrast to the pants.
Yes. And no. What is small and what is medium when it comes to EG? FW12 I was S in Work shirts and M in round collar and 19th cent. This season it's the other way around(!!!). Sizing going up and down like a f*cking roller coaster.
I've got both S and M stuff that fits great. This was my first item in L, I simply went with the measurements this time. And measured, my chest is 41.3".
21" p2p shirts fits me great, Nepenthes had this jacket measured at 20.5" p2p. :/

It's annoying not being able to try out the clothes beforehand. Sooner or later you'll get burned I guess.
Anyway thanks for your opinions, I'm afraid I agree with you :/. Will see with Adam at Odin if I can return it for an exchange. Cheers

That's why with certain brands like EG or GBV I always get measurements. Most sites are providing pretty good measurements these days and I've really come to rely on them. I actually don't mind that EG's sizes are a little all over because I am perpetually between an XS and a S, and there are some brands I just can't buy because of that. Beams+ smalls are definitely too slim for me, but the mediums are too long and baggy and would require a decent amount of tailoring. With EG, with certain shirts I get lucky and get perfect measurements, and others I unfortunately can't buy. But at least there's a chance.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas why TBS doesn't have an EG buy up yet? Please don't tell me they dropped them...

Jagger_On

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to EG and I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the Workaday Fatigues and the SS13 ones? I'm going to buy one this season in the Olive Reversed Sateen and it would be good to know what the difference is.

It looks like The Bureau got another big drop including the Navy Lafayette with flowers that a guys was looking for a page or two back.

Shingles

Reaction score

That's why with certain brands like EG or GBV I always get measurements. Most sites are providing pretty good measurements these days and I've really come to rely on them. I actually don't mind that EG's sizes are a little all over because I am perpetually between an XS and a S, and there are some brands I just can't buy because of that. Beams+ smalls are definitely too slim for me, but the mediums are too long and baggy and would require a decent amount of tailoring. With EG, with certain shirts I get lucky and get perfect measurements, and others I unfortunately can't buy. But at least there's a chance.

I know, and I agree. I always get measurements too, always. I also compare different shops measurements with each other, and sometimes they differ on an inch or even more, even if they have measured similarly. And even if you know the measurements it still can be tough predicting the fit, as you don't know the cut etc. of the garments.

Gonna visit USA and NYC for the first time in August. Will clear the entire Nepenthes in a complete rage.

Any ideas why TBS doesn't have an EG buy up yet? Please don't tell me they dropped them...

They haven't dropped them. They had some SS13 stuff a couple of weeks ago, guess they sold out really quickly.

Lendo

Reaction score

I'd inquired about EG & Beams + they said they haven't received any as of yet.

I'm fairly new to EG and I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference between the Workaday Fatigues and the SS13 ones? I'm going to buy one this season in the Olive Reversed Sateen and it would be good to know what the difference is.

The s/s Fatigues are a lighter weight fabric, the folks at Nepenthes NY told me it was almost similar to nylon in weight whereas the Workaday Fatigues are the same fabric as the Utility Jacket and the a/w USN pants.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

The s/s Fatigues are a lighter weight fabric, the folks at Nepenthes NY told me it was almost similar to nylon in weight whereas the Workaday Fatigues are the same fabric as the Utility Jacket and the a/w USN pants.

Thanks, so I can assume they are the same cut then and it's just down to personal preference if I want a more lightweight fabric or not. Cheers.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ also, it appears the SS13 have a slimmer fit than the Workadays...which are anything but a slim fit. As I've said before, I really want the fit of the SS13 pants in the standard olive reversed sateen fabric...but that doesn't seem to be happening so I'm going to try and get on with the baggy fit of the Workadays.

Shingles

Reaction score

Thanks, so I can assume they are the same cut then and it's just down to personal preference if I want a more lightweight fabric or not. Cheers.

As far as I know the Workadays are a looser/baggier fit than the normal EG fatigues, I cannot confirm it, but that's what I remember having read.

Edit: Yes, here it is, from The Bureau:

These fit generous on the waist and are relaxed through the leg. They are not as loose as the Workaday Fatigues and they have waist adjusters so take 2 inches off the waist measurement below if you want to wear them closed.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

^ also, it appears the SS13 have a slimmer fit than the Workadays...which are anything but a slim fit. As I've said before, I really want the fit of the SS13 pants in the standard olive reversed sateen fabric...but that doesn't seem to be happening so I'm going to try and get on with the baggy fit of the Workadays.

As far as I know the Workadays are a looser/baggier fit than the normal EG fatigues, I cannot confirm it, but that's what I remember having read.

Edit: Yes, here it is, from The Bureau:

These fit generous on the waist and are relaxed through the leg. They are not as loose as the Workaday Fatigues and they have waist adjusters so take 2 inches off the waist measurement below if you want to wear them closed.

Cheers for the info guys. I too prefer the colour of the Workaday version. I'd probably prefer the slimmer cut of the SS13 ones though. Ach, I dunno. Maybe I should just embrace the looser fit of the Workadays.

Lendo

Reaction score
They very well may do mainline fatigues again in the heavier fabric, hard to say though.

dixonmanor

Reaction score
I can say, as the owner of Workaday (from about 4 years ago) and Mainline fatigues (from last Summer), the fit is significantly slimmer on the Mainline version. I love the Workaday version, I've worn them to hell over the past couple of years, the olive sateen is a great weight and wears in wonderfully, but they are probably the fullest fitting pants I have. It took a while to get used to, but I like I said... I practically live in 'em. The Mainline version are great too, not knocking 'em in any way. Being from SS12, they are decidedly lighter weight, and I wear 'em more as beach pants.

JilSlander

Reaction score
Shingles, size down; it'll fit perfectly.

I had the same issue with most other EG jackets (Bedford, Truman, etc.).

alex99

Reaction score

At the start of this thread images started to roll out of Spring 2013. In one image Daiki is wearing what looks to be a black nylon bedford. Is this part of the season's collection? I see that Bureau in Belfast has a navy, but no black.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/627/navy-nylon-taslan-bedford-jacket

Anyone come across the black?

It can be tough to tell Navy from Black with online photos. You should call Nepenthes in NY to see if they actually made black. I've seen it at Inventory in Navy, and also at Nitty Gritty, where it is probably Navy but they don't say:

http://www.nittygrittystore.com/brands/engineeredgarments/men

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics