• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Look, if you didn't want to tell me, just say so....you don't have to make up some ridiculous name.
Kidding! Thanks!

It is how the French try to spell Boston Red Sox.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
size down for the 606

I fit 82 11E very well, and found that 606 and 202 work a little better in 11D. So shift down on width, but not necessarily length.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@michaelvl Thank you for the detailed explanation Micheal. Your explanation betrays my own instincts despite the popularity of the smooth calf.

Would be keen to hear others views

Alan Bee

I couldn’t disagree more about the Dover in smooth calf. I have one in dark oak and in redwood antique and they are both amazing. I have a lot of shoes. My dark oak Dovers are probably my favorite pair out of all. I expect my in production nightshade Dovers to give them a run for their money though.

Also I would opt for an 11/11.5 for sizing. Were the Harrogate from Brooks?

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree more about the Dover in smooth calf. I have one in dark oak and in redwood antique and they are both amazing. I have a lot of shoes. My dark oak Dovers are probably my favorite pair out of all. I expect my in production nightshade Dovers to give them a run for their money though.

@CLTesquire

Yes, the Harrogates are from Brooks Brothers on 888 Last. Size 11.5/12E. They fit like a dream right out the box.

Are you suggesting 11/11.5 on an E or D width? Isn’t 606 shorter than either 82 or 888?

Alan Bee

michaelvl

Reaction score

You are free to disagree with me. Taste is something very personal. I am just curious if you have actually owned and experienced Dovers in any other leathers besides in smooth calf as well as on any other soles besides leather soles or if you have based you preference on the single pair of Dovers in calf you currently own?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are free to disagree with me. Taste is something very personal. I am just curious if you have actually owned and experienced Dovers in any other leathers besides in smooth calf as well as on any other soles besides leather soles or if you have based you preference on the single pair of Dovers in calf you currently own?

My post said I had two in smooth calf.

I also have a pair in walnut CC and a pair in chestnut Utah. Those are on Dainite.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's a store in Toronto called Robert Jones and they're having an EG trunk show in October (date TBD). If you purchase a pair of shoes during the trunk show, it comes with trees.

RobertELee

Reaction score
Hi everyone! just ordered another pair from Gentlemen's footwear. Dover in redwood. already have it in dark oak. very comfortable shoe

dumb questions:
1. trying to do spit shine having some luck, but still not great. any hints?
2. live in Massachusetts, how do i treat my shoes after rain or snow?

hope next to save up for Galway boots.

just want to put in a good word for Gentlemen's Footwear. he (steve?) is really very nice, and helpful and polite. i really recommend him to all of you.
best regards,
bob

zmr11

Reaction score
Question on EG Last Sizing (82 vs 888 vs 606)

I was in New York recently on business and stopped by Leffot in NYC. Steve put me in a Chelsea 11/11.5 E82. The fit was fine but I noticed a bit of heel slip on one foot which he said would go away once the sole is properly broken in. But with enough room in the toe box to wiggle my toes.

I took a gamble online on a pair of Monmouth & Harrogate Bluchers, both 11.5/12 E888. They arrived and I tried them on and fit was superb off the bat with no heel slippage at all. In fact, I've never found a pair of shoes to fit so perfectly out of the box.

The question is: I want to order a pair of Dovers online in E606 Last. Should I stay with the 11.5/12 E606 or size down to 11/11.5 E606?

Gradually rebuilding my EG collection (with more wisdom) after having to get rid of 15 pair acquired in rapid succession 2005-2009 and mostly via EG Sales without much forethought to the composition of the wardrobe. I live quite far from any retailer so a walk-in trial isn't an option.

Alan Bee
go same size in 888 and 606. Both are very similar.

Don't expect heel slippage to disappear after break in, it will not. Buy a pair that does not slip.

Go for dark oak calf on leather sole for the first pair, and country calf on dainite for the second. I own and enjoy several pairs of both styles.

http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2012/03/evolution-of-last-edward-green-from-to.html

eloquent

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at my options for MTO with EG.

I have settled on the Galway silhouette on a 72 last with Ridgeway soles, in Black Utah leather, with speedhooks in gunmetal if possible. I have sent them a form using the one on their website, though that have still yet to reply to me, which got me thinking, is MTO through the Edward Green website the best cost effective solution for this?

Thank you.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at my options for MTO with EG.

I have settled on the Galway silhouette on a 72 last with Ridgeway soles, in Black Utah leather, with speedhooks in gunmetal if possible. I have sent them a form using the one on their website, though that have still yet to reply to me, which got me thinking, is MTO through the Edward Green website the best cost effective solution for this?

Thank you.

If you're in the US, I'd recommend going through @steveyoo1983 at Gentlemen's Footwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads