1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Forthemy

Forthemy Active Member

Thank you Sir!So lucky you have the same boot.Have another question for you:)
    Is the shearling covered in the whole shoes or just the shoe barrel?
    Thank you very much!

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

It’s only covering the shaft of the boot.

3. Forthemy

Forthemy Active Member

I see.Thank you sir.

4. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior Member

I, for one, vote to start calling the shaft the shoe barrel. Huge improvement.

5. FinerThingsInLife

FinerThingsInLife Member

This is great news....I live in Toronto....have you heard any more specifics on the date of the trunk show?

6. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Still TBD. If you sign up to their mailing list, they'll send you an update.

7. FinerThingsInLife

FinerThingsInLife Member

Just wanted to say how much of a fan I am of Mes Chausettes Rouge......I'm from Canada, but travel often to Europe for business, and have had the pleasure of shopping at this lovely establishment. The selection is great, and if you are ever in Paris, it is definitely worth a stop by; the shop is in a quiet little neighbourhood, which itself is lovely to see and experience. You can buy from Mes Chausettes with confidence....

8. FinerThingsInLife

FinerThingsInLife Member

Roger that. Will sign up today! :)

9. Poshak Man

Poshak Man Senior Member

I alternate between Saphir Mahogany and Cognac.

10. sforum1

sforum1 Senior Member

11. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

Whats going on over here?? Inverness on some sort of exotic skin? Or just badly, maltreated pair of shoes

Also, shoes are definitely too small for you. Bulging ball of foot and instep too high for shoes. Size up.

Alan Bee

12. sforum1

sforum1 Senior Member

not exotic and definitely not maltreated. Just a nice well worn pair with lots of character on it. Just the burnishing came off a little in the front where the shoe bends. I may opt to add a little black color in my Renovateur to restore the burnishing back to new (very easy) but not sure if I want to do it at the moment.

As for sizing, I don't think I can go to even half a size higher. It's called high instep (which some of us have) and the solution to this is not moving up a size. It's called bespoke but it's also called a lot of money. Looks good to me.

13. Stinson

Stinson Senior Member

That's an unusual and interesting contrast.

14. Alan Bee

Alan Bee Senior Member

E68FF17C-CEDB-4D7F-9CF3-5648B905F222.jpeg E3A5BC4D-65DB-4C4B-AD8D-AE3B4B8B405F.jpeg EF60823C-65CF-458F-931C-0118D6BBF9E9.jpeg CAC4DBD0-A3E4-4C86-BEF1-FD558B48B38E.jpeg C58AD344-F3BB-47C5-AE9E-F43A5FF615F1.jpeg B2359650-86B5-4B1E-9BC4-22F817C88A29.jpeg 23CD0C3F-4FCC-465F-99AB-B5648361B542.jpeg The Highly Misunderstood 202 Last:

For as long as I’ve been on these boards (12 years), there’s been a preference by many for the 82 last over the 202 in classic captoe shoe Chelsea.

I drank the cool aid and ended up with a number of 82’s. About 10 years ago I lucked into a black Chelsea at deep discount in the C202 last. I doubt that I would have gone for a 202 otherwise.

On receiving the shoes, I immediately thought they were beautiful, perhaps even more than the 82. Recently I tried the 202 this time in “D” and I have to say hands down, this is the most elegant, sublime pair of EG shoes I’ve ever seen. It beats the 82 last hands down.

It appears to me the notorious reputation of the 202 as a “bulbous” inelegant last is perhaps restricted to larger widths (E and F). It’s hard to describe the beauty and elegance of this shoe in C or D width. It needs to be seen to be appreciated.

Alan Bee

Pictures of Doak C202 vs. Doak E82 vs. Black D202

15. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

No idea who has come-up with the word 'shaft' to describe the leg of a boot, now you want it replaced with something equally, if not more, obscure.

Why not stick to the classic term 'leg' (of the boot)?