• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Cavour's British Flannel trousers? It says on the website the flannel is woven for them especially, but doesn't say which mill or weight. I generally have trouble with Italian flannel, which seems to wear off fast sometimes, but I understand British flannel is usually sturdier. I have very nice trousers from Cavour in an Italian flannel from a few years back but I have had them repaired recently in the crotch with the generous leftover fabric that was kept from shortening the trousers.
330 g/m

Dryer than the classic VBC 340g/m, and less prone to wear in the crotch. Also holds a crease longer in my experience.

MrAristocat

Reaction score
330 g/m

Dryer than the classic VBC 340g/m, and less prone to wear in the crotch. Also holds a crease longer in my experience.
Cheers, Kevin. Sounds like just what I need - not too heavy so can be worn in spring and early autumn, but denser knit, sharper crease, and most importantly less wear in the crotch. I have a gorgeous charcoal Mod 1 number from a few years back (2020 or 2021) and I already had it repaired twice in the crotch. However, the insanely generous inseam means I have fabric left for a few more repairs, and I even have 4.5cm turn-ups.

I have now ordered two pairs of the heavy worsted in size 50 as I’ve mercifully gone back down a size so the charcoal 52s are a bit large. I hope I didn't make a mistake, since the charcoal ones are Mod 1. If the 50 in Mod 2 works well I will go for the flannels too. And the worsteds also looks promising, lovely texture and hope for a super-sharp crease.

I assume you’re not in a position to share the name of the mill for the flannel, @kevinsvindland? I remember in the past there would be elegantly hidden clothmaker labels of e.g. Brisbane Moss on the inside of the pocket etc. But doesn’t matter, you folks do make great stuff, keep it up!

Last edited:

jcep

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland are you planning to stock any more of the sartoria button down collared shirts for Spring/Summer? I got a few of the oxfords and really liked them so I'm keen to get more (Ideally something in denim/chambray or linen).

Alhazen

Reaction score
330 g/m

Are these excluded from the ongoing sale on purpose, by the way? Just wondering because the suits in the same material aren't.

ekal

Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at the blazers and was wondering about the chest measurements - the Mod 2 fit seems quite roomy as it’s about 10cm more than the actual chest fit -- for a Medium or 40 inch chest (roughly 101cm) the recommended size 50 jacket has a chest measurement of 111 cm, which would seem like a pretty standard shirt (but maybe not jacket) chest measurement.

Have you found the chest fits to be fine for you in general? The shoulders instead don’t seem particularly wide, so for example a size 50 jacket has shoulders of 45,5cm (10 cm less than the half-chest measurement, which also seems much).

I could of course order one, try it on and return if it doesn’t work out, but that’s quite a bit unnecessary air travel for a piece of clothing.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,

I was looking at the blazers and was wondering about the chest measurements - the Mod 2 fit seems quite roomy as it’s about 10cm more than the actual chest fit -- for a Medium or 40 inch chest (roughly 101cm) the recommended size 50 jacket has a chest measurement of 111 cm, which would seem like a pretty standard shirt (but maybe not jacket) chest measurement.

Have you found the chest fits to be fine for you in general? The shoulders instead don’t seem particularly wide, so for example a size 50 jacket has shoulders of 45,5cm (10 cm less than the half-chest measurement, which also seems much).

I could of course order one, try it on and return if it doesn’t work out, but that’s quite a bit unnecessary air travel for a piece of clothing.

What size jacket do you normally buy, and from which brand, in which part of the world?

ekal

Reaction score
What size jacket do you normally buy, and from which brand, in which part of the world?
I’m Scandinavian and I usually wear 50 - for example Boglioli, Zegna and Private White that measure about 53cm half chest. My MTM pieces are also about that and looking at the measurement charts of a few brands a 55.5cm half chest would seem more like a typical size 52..?

But going for a 48 in Cavour would seem to be too tight in the shoulders. Anyway, it was mostly the 10cm difference from shoulder to half-chest that made me wonder about the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads