• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Robin is trying on our new DB sample, to see if it is Pitti Uomo compatible.
461F76EA-BF6B-4639-B786-8F51954C6472.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a shortie (173cm) and a size 50 fits pretty great, lengthwise on me. Just have to adjust the sleeve length a few cm. Also us Nordic men are usually quite tall, so I understand why you prioritize long sizes before doing short sizes.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Imperatores

Reaction score
Is that the full range of outerwear for the season, or do you still have more up you sleeve?

I'm interested in hearing your thought process behind the fabric choice for your Abraham Moon raglan coat. Are they just intended for very mild autumn days? A 370g Moon tweed is surely more of a sportcoat fabric than a winter overcoat. They should've been at least twice that weight, in my opinion. Almost all of the overcoats seem weirdly lightweight, in fact.

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is that the full range of outerwear for the season, or do you still have more up you sleeve?

I'm interested in hearing your thought process behind the fabric choice for your Abraham Moon raglan coat. Are they just intended for very mild autumn days? A 370g Moon tweed is surely more of a sportcoat fabric than a winter overcoat. They should've been at least twice that weight, in my opinion. Almost all of the overcoats seem weirdly lightweight, in fact.

A belted Raglan coat was never intended to keep you warm. You are just supposed to put it on, smoke cigarettes and look fly while scoping out bypassing females.

And in Oslo this can only be done for a short period of time, before the women put on their down parkas.

Imperatores

Reaction score
A belted Raglan coat was never intended to keep you warm. You are just supposed to put it on, smoke cigarettes and look fly while scoping out bypassing females.

And in Oslo this can only be done for a short period of time, before the women put on their down parkas.

So tell me, how many of the 16 or so overcoats you've released so far this season are actually intended to keep you warm? Just two 600g VBC coats, a 580g Drago and a 580g Loro Piana? And even those are really just midweight coats for Nordic winters. The sheer number of coats you've dropped is pretty great, so surely there's room for at least a couple true heavyweights (800g+) in there? Lightweight coats are easy to find almost anywhere. Some heavier options would set you apart, imo.

Unionmade

Reaction score
YES - long versions are very appreciated! Love the length of old Ralphs from the 90s. Are the jackets coming already this seasons or 2023?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So tell me, how many of the 16 or so overcoats you've released so far this season are actually intended to keep you warm? Just two 600g VBC coats, a 580g Drago and a 580g Loro Piana? And even those are really just midweight coats for Nordic winters. The sheer number of coats you've dropped is pretty great, so surely there's room for at least a couple true heavyweights (800g+) in there? Lightweight coats are easy to find almost anywhere. Some heavier options would set you apart, imo.

To each their own I guess.

Where do you live?

For me my 580g cashmere goes a long way when layered on top of a suit or a jacket.

Imperatores

Reaction score
To each their own I guess.

Where do you live?

For me my 580g cashmere goes a long way when layered on top of a suit or a jacket.

I live in the Oslo area. I wear my 600g coats without too much issue for most of our winter (especially with how mild the last few have been), but I would like some heavier coats for the very coldest days or moderately cold days without needing a bunch of layers underneath. A really heavy coat in a rougher tweed just looks badass too, and drapes like nothing else. I won't freeze to death in a 600g coat or anything, but a heavier coat is definitely a lot more comfortable.

Speaking of overcoats in general, have you considered offering a polo coat style? Essentially just like the Orazio Luciano coat you have up at the moment, but with a large ulster collar in place of the peaked lapels on that one. A bit more casual (and a touch longer) than your Mod 2 double breasted coats, and perfect for more interesting and casual fabrics (would love some donegal tweeds personally).

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like wearing a very heavy overcoat with just a long (or even short) sleeve T-shirt under it on cold days - it's very comfortable!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hisenseportableac