• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentry also stocks a few models as well as Wilkes in SF / Stanford

I would only buy from skoab or gentlemens footwear

Skoab comes via USPS so highly doubtful you get duties

Gentlemens footwear has codes sometimes so price is quite similar to skoaktie. Also easier to get mto organized.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Stevent

Speak to Steve (Gentlemanfootwear) and see what codes are available.

The last time I ordered an MTO with Steve, he even threw in shell cream.

V1KTA222

Reaction score
Gentry also stocks a few models as well as Wilkes in SF / Stanford

I would only buy from skoab or gentlemens footwear

Skoab comes via USPS so highly doubtful you get duties

Gentlemens footwear has codes sometimes so price is quite similar to skoaktie. Also easier to get mto organized.
+1. Customer service is the best at SkoAB and GF, as are the prices.

From my understanding (never bought from before), Wilkes in the Bay Area prices their oxfords at ~$630.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Any interest in doing a GMTO for a three eyelet derby as below in black calf on Simpson or Rain, single leather sole?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any interest in doing a GMTO for a three eyelet derby as below in black calf on Simpson or Rain, single leather sole?

Possibly. Noticed you're in Canada. Would it be cheaper if we went through leatherfoot? Thinking about the sinking dollar.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
I was thinking Gentlemen's Footwear since they offer free shipping and I've had excellent experiences dealing with Steve in the past, but Leatherfoot and Skoab are also options depending on who we can get interested. I've been very happy with the service I have received from all three outfits.

diglett

Reaction score
Trying to get a head count here: How many of you guys are in for the balligator boot from Skoab? The six person minimum hasn't yet been met.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was thinking Gentlemen's Footwear since they offer free shipping and I've had excellent experiences dealing with Steve in the past, but Leatherfoot and Skoab are also options depending on who we can get interested. I've been very happy with the service I have received from all three outfits.

I might be interested in this makeup (Simpson last). Let me know what you find out on pricing.

jas0nt

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place where I can get brown leather chukkas? Seems odd that such a staple can't be found at the usual places selling Carmina...

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a new outlet for Carmina for those interested. http://www.quality-shop.com/world/ out of the Netherlands. I was on the hunt for navy suede loafers for quite some time and while other stores had them, they didn't have them in my size. Lucked out with these guys.

Incoming! @patliean1 thankfully I won't have to deal with the SS ones even though I was going to go there tonight to check them out. Still might go up there after going to Haberdash to try on an Eidos SC. :slayer:

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a new outlet for Carmina for those interested. http://www.quality-shop.com/world/ out of the Netherlands. I was on the hunt for navy suede loafers for quite some time and while other stores had them, they didn't have them in my size. Lucked out with these guys.

Incoming! @patliean1 thankfully I won't have to deal with the SS ones even though I was going to go there tonight to check them out. Still might go up there after going to Haberdash to try on an Eidos SC.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Goodbye money I was gonna use for my wife's anniversary gift...

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Just FYI, Leatherfoot has a two-eyelet derby in black calf on the Rain last in their recently arrived fall stock. I don't see a big aesthetic difference between it and the three eyelet. But of course, if you need the Simpson last you need to go another route. I have the two eyelet derby in sadde shell on the Rain last and find it both sleek and comfortable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads