• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Graduation party calls for my favorite MTO Alex
35645855-AF81-41A8-8CBF-55704717281C.jpeg
FD77DE1E-9BE2-4F81-97E7-63628A714653.jpeg

Daniel__G

Reaction score

☀️ SUMMER FLASH SALE: UP TO 40% OFF ☀️

Our loafers, drivers, sneakers & some cool extras are waiting for you

to take a look at the Summer Collection and find the perfect items

to renew your summer look.

StyleForum_SummerSale.jpg

Check it out now!​

hysteria

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for some sizing guidance. I've never tried any shoes from Cobbler Union before but I am intrigued by the dark brown penny loafers (Henry + Smith) and the suede oxford:

I have yet to find a GREAT fitting pair of loafers, but I have an average instep, average to slightly narrow-ish foot and low arches. Generally shoes with generous insteps are a poor fit for me.

Here are some loafers I have tried:
Carmina UETAM - 7UK - instep too low and narrow
Carmina XIM - 7UK - instep too high
CJ Harvard Unlined - 7.5 - I think it may have been a tad long. CJ suggests 7UK would be better but I haven't tried yet.
Vass F-last - 40.5EU - instep too high, unsure of length.

WRT dress shoes:
AE Park Ave - 8 US D. Instep was a bit low for me but not a bad fit.
TLB Artista Picasso - 7UK - instep was ok, but toebox just 1-2mm too narrow. Decent fit.
Antonio Mecc - Chisel 4 UK - appropriate instep, width, length.

--------------------------------------------------------
Considering the above, I'm wondering if any of the Cobbler Unions would present a challenge WRT instep or width, assuming I go with the respective lasts' sizing recommendations. i.e. if they tend have high insteps or run too narrow, then the lasts may not be great for my feet.

rosomax

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for some sizing guidance. I've never tried any shoes from Cobbler Union before but I am intrigued by the dark brown penny loafers (Henry + Smith) and the suede oxford:

I have yet to find a GREAT fitting pair of loafers, but I have an average instep, average to slightly narrow-ish foot and low arches. Generally shoes with generous insteps are a poor fit for me.

Here are some loafers I have tried:
Carmina UETAM - 7UK - instep too low and narrow
Carmina XIM - 7UK - instep too high
CJ Harvard Unlined - 7.5 - I think it may have been a tad long. CJ suggests 7UK would be better but I haven't tried yet.
Vass F-last - 40.5EU - instep too high, unsure of length.

WRT dress shoes:
AE Park Ave - 8 US D. Instep was a bit low for me but not a bad fit.
TLB Artista Picasso - 7UK - instep was ok, but toebox just 1-2mm too narrow. Decent fit.
Antonio Mecc - Chisel 4 UK - appropriate instep, width, length.

--------------------------------------------------------
Considering the above, I'm wondering if any of the Cobbler Unions would present a challenge WRT instep or width, assuming I go with the respective lasts' sizing recommendations. i.e. if they tend have high insteps or run too narrow, then the lasts may not be great for my feet.

I have most of the same issues you do. So far, Cobbler Union was not able to provide a pair that fits me. It's the low instep & low arches combination that's the main problem. Seems like their shoes are made mostly for folks with higher instep.

Daniel__G

Reaction score

🎉 LET'S CELEBRATE TOGETHER! 🎉

It's the moment to acknowledge the many contributions workers have made

to America's power, prosperity, and wellness.

We want you to celebrate this day with us through our Labor Day Sale!

Now you can get 20% off everything using code LABORDAY20.

Cheers to the American worker!

POPUP_WINDOWS_3.jpg
Must enter code at checkout. Cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other promotional codes.
This promotion only applies to the Summer Sale collection. Other terms & conditions may apply.
The offer ends Monday, September 5th, 2022 at midnight EST.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
💥 FLASH SALE: FREE MATCHING SET

During the next 3 days when you purchase a shoe from our matching style collection, you will receive a free matching belt and a free matching shoe cream to complete your look.

The belt isn’t just close, it’s exact. Same tannery. Same leather. Same quality craftsmanship.

This season is made to match!

FMS_Windows_01.jpg

Daniel__G

Reaction score
⚡ Exclusive and Original

Experimental is one of the most exciting parts of shoemaking: testing new leathers, mixing up lasts,
or playing with our archive to build something new.

Our Sample Collection is plenty of samples that played a part in building our history and permanent collection over the last 8 years. Every pair here is a one-of-a-kind creation, completely exclusive and original to the wearer, and a testament to the creative process of small-batch, Good-year welted shoe design.

POPUP_WINDOWS_SAMPLE.jpg

Tomc

Reaction score
⚡ Exclusive and Original

Experimental is one of the most exciting parts of shoemaking: testing new leathers, mixing up lasts,
or playing with our archive to build something new.

Our Sample Collection is plenty of samples that played a part in building our history and permanent collection over the last 8 years. Every pair here is a one-of-a-kind creation, completely exclusive and original to the wearer, and a testament to the creative process of small-batch, Good-year welted shoe design.

View attachment 1840481

You guys should make your shoe samples in 8.5 US so I can actually buy them haha

ducatiti

Reaction score
I've been out of the shoe game for a minute now, with new hobbies and/or interests.

Did CU increase their prices significantly? I have a few pairs on hand, with three or four still dead stock... but wasn't the MSRP less the AE a year ago? Upon a quick check, common oxfords are now $470.. Not sure how that would turn out for CU. More power to them though as I really like the fit and finish, a step above AE IMO.

Adhazem

Reaction score
I've been out of the shoe game for a minute now, with new hobbies and/or interests.

Did CU increase their prices significantly? I have a few pairs on hand, with three or four still dead stock... but wasn't the MSRP less the AE a year ago? Upon a quick check, common oxfords are now $470.. Not sure how that would turn out for CU. More power to them though as I really like the fit and finish, a step above AE IMO.

As of end of august their regular priced oxfords and derbies were $395 and boots were around $475 I think. Now the shoes went to $475 and boots to $550. Not insignificant but in line with what just about every other European shoemaker has done from factories to small workshops they all raised the prices. I’ve been out of the AE game for a little bit but Alden I think has been raising prices annually for a while.

Commisar

Reaction score

Yep, they raised prices by $55-$90 on everything.

All the EU shoemakers are doing this, TLB Mallorca hasn't yet but they will.

AE hasn't raised prices (yet) and Alden raises then $5-$10 a year on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads