• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Quote:
Just FYI, Leatherfoot has a two-eyelet derby in black calf on the Rain last in their recently arrived fall stock. I don't see a big aesthetic difference between it and the three eyelet. But of course, if you need the Simpson last you need to go another route. I have the two eyelet derby in sadde shell on the Rain last and find it both sleek and comfortable.
Thanks for the heads up. I did see that one, but sadly it's on a rubber sole and I'm pretty picky about having leather soles :(

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our chelsea boots just came in. We will try and get some pictures up soon!

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can anyone suggest a place where I can get brown leather chukkas? Seems odd that such a staple can't be found at the usual places selling Carmina...

Usually they are stocked in suede in most shops, it's a top selling staple in that make up, more unusual though in brown calf.

gazzadesigning

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little advise fit wise.

Simpson and Rain lasts work well for me, my foot is quite low volume so the low toe box works, by chance it also looks sexy as hell. The last shape, straighter on the instep side of the toe area also helps me. EG82 last is a good example of this too.

I'm selling some Rain last shoes in UK 8 as they are just too wide, and have managed to try on some 7.5's in rain but they are a smidgen too short but great in the width. Does anyone have experience of Simpson vs. Rain - my guesstimate is that, width wise, a 7.5 Rain = 8 Simpson???

Thanks in advance all

Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New arrivals, Rain last, half rubber sole. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New arrivals, Rain last, half rubber sole. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Wow, great shade on the mid-brown Chelsea, what do they call that in-house? I've been dying for shade in between vegano marron and vegano cuero.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are vegano marron. They are slightly darker in person but with this lighting they are more of a mid-brown. I will try and post some sunshine pictures soon.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmmm, Rain .... Rubber Sole ... Someone likes The Beatles
smile.gif

0.jpg

Beautiful boots, btw!

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@partyof6 how do you like the fit of the Detroit last chukka?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads