• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They agreed it wasn’t their best work and have offered to remake and pay for shipping to exchange. I’m satisfied.
What I don’t understand is how does this get shipped in the first place? Nobody checks them?

in any case, happy you got it resolved ?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
My first Carminas, Oscar natural shell 531 bluches arrived, and I’m a bit disappointed. Each shoe has some damage to it and was also clearly tried on before and returned. The later isn’t a big deal, but this kind of damage isn’t acceptable and makes these seconds grade IMO. Sending them back.

View attachment 1636768

Taking aside the sloppy join, what I find most puzzling is that the rear part of the welt is fudged but the front part isn't. I'm not sure I have ever seen that before. ?

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a custom 80488 with special request to remove the split, ie. to become a u tip pattern.

@thefoobar those are my boots! It's exactly as stook1 has described. It was pretty easy to request the modification when Sara @Carmina was active on SF. If you request this change, I'd suggest you connect with a Carmina CS rep before you submit your order. Helps to have your vision conveyed clearly to the artisan at the factory.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking aside the sloppy join, what I find most puzzling is that the rear part of the welt is fudged but the front part isn't. I'm not sure I have ever seen that before. ?
Normally you can't do self fudging with rubber soles, so that explains the front part,but the fudging around the heel is weird

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Normally you can't do self fudging with rubber soles, so that explains the front part,but the fudging around the heel is weird

Why would it not be possible to fudge the welt with a rubber sole? The welt is leather? Not to be difficult just trying to understand what you are getting at.

thefoobar

Reaction score
@thefoobar those are my boots! It's exactly as stook1 has described. It was pretty easy to request the modification when Sara @Carmina was active on SF. If you request this change, I'd suggest you connect with a Carmina CS rep before you submit your order. Helps to have your vision conveyed clearly to the artisan at the factory.
Noice. They're color 4, right? Which last?

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What last is that btw? .....it looks like the soller next to the oscar??? I'm not well versed yet with Carmina's lasts.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score

It's all academic at this point, but I wonder if there was some sort of mistake near the very end of production after heels, fudging, etc. were all done that required them to remove the sole and 270° welt and start the front part over. Though I guess at that point you might as well remove everything and just start fresh with the expensive shell upper and perhaps the insole? But I don't actually know what I am talking about so there's that.*

*I am not a shoemaker, just some internet schmuck mancrushing on Trenton and Heath.

Blastwice

Reaction score
It's all academic at this point, but I wonder if there was some sort of mistake near the very end of production after heels, fudging, etc. were all done that required them to remove the sole and 270° welt and start the front part over. Though I guess at that point you might as well remove everything and just start fresh with the expensive shell upper and perhaps the insole? But I don't actually know what I am talking about so there's that.*

*I am not a shoemaker, just some internet schmuck mancrushing on Trenton and Heath.

Several of my pairs are not fully fudged in the same location. It's always on the inner arch. My pairs with this detail have it on both shoes so I must assume it's intentional.

IMG_E1071.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads