• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sent shoes back to Carmina for a resole? What was the process and are you satisfied with the results? Will Carmina resole Blake stitched shoes as well?
I would never. Send them to America’s Cobbler in Orlando or Bedo’s Leatherworks in Virginia. They’ll have it done for less and in about a week and a half.

miamidoc

Reaction score
I would never. Send them to America’s Cobbler in Orlando or Bedo’s Leatherworks in Virginia. They’ll have it done for less and in about a week and a half.
I second this. Bedo has done masterful work for me in the past— all with speed, communication, humor and passion. Carmina should definitely stick to shoeMAKING. Not repair. Last and only repair took 6 months and looked like an apprentice cobblers work. Never again.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second this. Bedo has done masterful work for me in the past— all with speed, communication, humor and passion. Carmina should definitely stick to shoeMAKING. Not repair. Last and only repair took 6 months and looked like an apprentice cobblers work. Never again.
My last 6 pairs have all looked like an apprentice’s work. Never had a chance to wear them as they were sent back....

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sent shoes back to Carmina for a resole? What was the process and are you satisfied with the results? Will Carmina resole Blake stitched shoes as well?

I unequivocally recommend Minas shoe repair in NYC.

You can send your shoes in and they'll have them for you ASAP.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to contact Bedo?

miamidoc

Reaction score
It’s [email protected] Very responsive. I usually include some pics and a rough description of the prob. He calls back with his assessment and a quote. If we agree I pay in advance. If it ends up being a substantial deviation in cost he calls before to discuss. And once he replaced a welt free of charge after slightly cutting it by accident. Stand up guy.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s [email protected] Very responsive. I usually include some pics and a rough description of the prob. He calls back with his assessment and a quote. If we agree I pay in advance. If it ends up being a substantial deviation in cost he calls before to discuss. And once he replaced a welt free of charge after slightly cutting it by accident. Stand up guy.
How does he resole if he doesn’t have the original last the shoe was made on? I always thought they needed the last.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own the unlined CORDOVAN chukka boot? What is it like? Pictures would be helpful. Thanks.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Does anyone own the unlined CORDOVAN chukka boot? What is it like? Pictures would be helpful. Thanks.
Love mine, the inside of the shell is very soft and they are lighter weight. I wouldn’t knock around in them much but man are they comfortable. The Armagnac ones are on Sineu and the Amaretto on Oscar. I noticed more toe drag swag than I normally get on the Armagnac pair, so added plates to the next ones - not sure if it was a factor of the lighter weight or just the Sineu fit for me.
560837F7-0958-424F-AEFE-D694EBEE7DB3.jpeg

5B2F9D25-A990-4B27-A464-D5D8BFF1D7E6.jpeg

pewpewpewpew

Reaction score
My first Carmina order just arrived and one of the shoes seems to have been bent, leaving a rather ugly mark on the otherwise stunning burgundy cordovan. Wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should return the pair or not. The mark seems to align with the handle of the shoe tree.

It should also be noted that the box came slightly broken, and the shoe tree in the other shoe wasn't even properly inserted.

IMG_7785.jpeg
IMG_7786.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

IMG_7788.jpeg

IMG_7791.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads