• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in on the KA x Carmina GMTO, decided to size same way as rain. Reached out to their customer service which recommended me to do so as well. Looking forward to these!
I went for it too. I think you made the right decision. With Forest, you will get little more room in the toe box.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went in for the reindeer GMTO as well. Forest works well for me in same size as Rain and Oscar. Pleasant surprise, however, that I could opt for metal toe caps without paying.
I added toe caps as well... no brainer since it didn't cost any more.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I added toe caps as well... no brainer since it didn't cost any more.
Wow, I slept on that option. Don’t see how I didn’t even notice it was available :(

Wlchew

Reaction score
Hi gents, I’m thinking of an MTO for all-cordovan balmoral on 80092 or 80450. I’m hoping for a more sleek and dressy look, despite the #8. I wear a Rain 10.5 (fits great) and Vass F 44.5 (fits okay). I believe I’m on the wider feet side. Wondering if I should stay on 10.5 for the boot or could I afford to go for 11 and have the upper prevent heel slip? Also any recommendations for dressy boot lasts? Thanks!

Last edited:

ErPupone4

Reaction score
Wow, I slept on that option. Don’t see how I didn’t even notice it was available :(
I would reach out to their customer service. I emailed them about 10 days ago asking if I could have toe plates added since they are leather soles. They finally responded a couple days ago. I suspect they added the option then. I'm sure they'll add them for you. I didn't realize they would be free, but was pleasantly surprised when I placed my order today.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert looks really good for a bal boot, although I don't know much about sizing it. Maybe Alcudia, Queens, or Inca?

Wlchew

Reaction score
Had some time to brush the two black cap toe oxfords. Left Carmina Rain 10.5UK; right Vass F 44.5EU. Took some time to get sized properly, but got to start somewhere, why not with two popular lasts? Think the Carmina is a bit roomier and sleeker. Like them both though!

DA0F4F1D-45D7-4025-911D-60C6E71B8CFD.jpeg
DB1BDDA1-6807-472B-8E43-E4BCAB77AC75.jpeg

DrGearTronic

Reaction score
These look great. How do these compare to alden or allen Edmonds shell ?
Carmina natural shell from previous pictures on left. Allen Edmonds Park Avenue’s in natural cordovan on right. The Alden shell portion of my collection is mostly (if not all) color 8 atm, so I opted to leave them out of the comparison photo you requested as I feel they would only subtract from the side-by-side comparison.
I will admit that the Allen Edmonds natural shells on right in this pic present a tone not typical of natural shell cordovan... this was/is one of my first pairs of natural shell (from any branding) that I added to my collection. Early on during my time with them, likely due to a lack of experience with natural shell I had at the time, I was very particular with them... treating them with Saphir Renovateaur before and after each wearing. Looking back, I don’t regret my care of the Allen Edmonds natural shell pair as they have developed an interesting patina during this process. That said, I look forward to keeping the Carmina natural shell (left in picture) closer to original state if possible and plan to only condition them with saphir renovateur once/twice per year if/when needed. That said, my plan for each pair in my collection (110+ pair) tends to vary on the amount of time of time I have to dedicate to shoe-care on any given day, so this is open to change as I frequently call audibles and maybe even over-care for some of my shoes occasionally if for no other reason than I enjoy the process. After a long day seeing patients in the hospital and/or my clinic, I find it relaxing to spend time caring for my shoe collection.

Attachments

• 3511C228-D980-4607-9445-6873CAEB3D85.jpeg
    3511C228-D980-4607-9445-6873CAEB3D85.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 119

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads