• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DrGearTronic

Reaction score
Those look great; that colorlooks dark for “natural” shell. Have you put anything on them or is it maybe just the lighting? I prefer how those appear to the sometimes “rawhide” look of natural shell.
I feel the pics in question are an accurate representation of this pair. When it comes to the care of natural shell, each individual has his/her own approach. For this pair, I have yet to use any product on them. Nothing at all... Not VSC, not renovateur, no waxes or creams... nothing. In fact, for the sake of experimenting, I decided to keep this pair “virgin” as long as possible to test my own shoe-care skills. I haven’t even brushed them with one of my horsehair brushes... the only thing I’ve done with this pair is wiping/buffing them with an old cotton shirt an ex-girlfriend gave me that she didn’t wear anymore. Beyond this, I’ve only added the occasional drop of water to assist in spread the shell’s inbeded fats/oils.
My preliminary results from this test are leading me to believe in the age-old adage that less is more with cordovan.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Had some time to brush the two black cap toe oxfords. Left Carmina Rain 10.5UK; right Vass F 44.5EU. Took some time to get sized properly, but got to start somewhere, why not with two popular lasts? Think the Carmina is a bit roomier and sleeker. Like them both though!

View attachment 1346982 View attachment 1346984
I have a pair of vass Oxfords. How do the carmina Oxford s compare in terms of materials, spi and finishing to vass?

Wlchew

Reaction score
Ah I just started on this shoe journey so cannot pretend to comment on technicalities. But subjectively...

The two to me seem quite similar. The differences: Vass feels heftier (perhaps due to Hungarian heritage? Leather feels thicker but aesthetically similar), has a JR sole which is great, is noticeable less sleek with a rounded toe cap, just slightly pinch my pinky, is handwelted. That all being said, I prefer the Carmina and look to have the next pair from Carmina. Because I like the dressier and sleek aesthetics better.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to size up half a size on the forest last but that's due to the lower instep compared to rain .
This is what I went back and forth on. I have a higher instep, but since these are boots and Chukkas at that, I felt the instep wouldn't have as much impact on fit. This logic may be flawed, but this was my thought process.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Ah I just started on this shoe journey so cannot pretend to comment on technicalities. But subjectively...

The two to me seem quite similar. The differences: Vass feels heftier (perhaps due to Hungarian heritage? Leather feels thicker but aesthetically similar), has a JR sole which is great, is noticeable less sleek with a rounded toe cap, just slightly pinch my pinky, is handwelted. That all being said, I prefer the Carmina and look to have the next pair from Carmina. Because I like the dressier and sleek aesthetics better.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I am interesting in trying more Spanish makers. I am debating between carmina and tlb artista. Any feedback?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends, I’m making room for new boots and shoes. Therefore, some stuff has to go, including some Carminas (at this point, I have like 20 pairs). Notably, I’ll be parting with these, if anyone is interested. I’m a size 8UK/9US:
8357A4C3-9610-4B99-B9C0-030482008DB2.jpeg

yengli

Reaction score
Today i wore some new boxcalf Oxfords in the rain, the results were some wet elevated spots in the leather.
i thought I had applied enough wax polish on them but I guess not enough. Anyone else experiencing easy staining with out of the box shoes and any tips to prevent them? Does anyone know if they will come out by leaving them to dry?

Attachments

• 0155627E-CA7B-4969-B866-F26E8D783CD3.jpeg
    0155627E-CA7B-4969-B866-F26E8D783CD3.jpeg
    526.1 KB · Views: 101
  • E006AF91-DA86-481D-B44A-BB27C9B18990.jpeg
    E006AF91-DA86-481D-B44A-BB27C9B18990.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 94

NikG

Reaction score
I purchased loafers on Black Friday. Needed an exchange for bigger size when received a week later and didn’t get a reply til first week of January. Sent mine back immediately after reply and received these after waiting 1 month for the return. And now a) I didn’t ask for toe caps and b) The toe is scratched and discoloured. What do I do?
B49957AC-3283-4099-9DCC-721196AA5F0F.jpeg
81D79265-8D1A-4BFC-862E-E99020C15166.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased loafers on Black Friday. Needed an exchange for bigger size when received a week later and didn’t get a reply til first week of January. Sent mine back immediately after reply and received these after waiting 1 month for the return. And now a) I didn’t ask for toe caps and b) The toe is scratched and discoloured. What do I do? View attachment 1348044 View attachment 1348045
Assuming you don’t have a strange desire to not receive free lulu taps; apply the appropriate colored polish, or cream. Wait the necessary time, then buff with horse hair brush, or shine cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads