• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends if you believe that I'm a 9D on the Brannock or an 8.5D on the Brannock. I'm edging toward a 9D on that thing. However, nearly everything I own is 8.5D. Occasionally I wonder if I wear my shoes too small (Dundee 2.0 comes to mind), but most of the time I don't think about it too much. I don't think I mind a little excess length, but what can bother me is too much room over the top of my forefoot/toes. Then I feel like my foot comes up off the insole or I get that annoying whooshing sound as the air rushes out of my shoe when the shoe flexes. I need it sort of wide but low across my toes, good instep room and narrow in the heel to keep my foot from feeling like it's not secure in the shoe and also not crushed at the instep.

I'd rate the odds of these being too roomy as pretty high. But no way to know until I try. My mutant feet could surprise us both. The pictures seem to indicate a rather low toe box. If that's true, it could work out.
If your Dundees are 8.5 and tight I'm thinking you're a 9D Brannock. I've got a Barrie shoe that's a half-size too big and a thin insole solves that problem nicely.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone who wants a pair of black maxfield loafers, 10 eee, PM me.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been beaten to death in prior pages, but did you gents have to size down for the Stirling? I think I'm going to start in the same place, and go from there, unless there was a large response that sizing down was advised.

Incidentally, I just noticed that the All About Lasts page now takes you to the shoes that are currently offered on that last, instead of just a listing of shoes. Smart marketing.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this has been beaten to death in prior pages, but did you gents have to size down for the Stirling? I think I'm going to start in the same place, and go from there, unless there was a large response that sizing down was advised.

Incidentally, I just noticed that the All About Lasts page now takes you to the shoes that are currently offered on that last, instead of just a listing of shoes. Smart marketing.
I'm a half-size down in my Stirlings - 11.5D vs. 12 D Brannock. I thought they'd be narrow, but they're very good.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resolution Day #35 - Brown Shell Leeds

Maiden voyage of the shell Leeds.

View attachment 924238

View attachment 924239

View attachment 924240

View attachment 924241

View attachment 924242

View attachment 924243

View attachment 924246

Purchased these during the 2017 trunk show. A nice patina is just starting to develop and I can't wait for them to lighten even more.
11-deadpool-3.w529.h529.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of adopting an AE shoe cap. 20 pairs (or whatever the number is ).
I will commit to selling off pairs when I buy pairs that take me over 20.

20 seems like plenty,...... doesn't it?

View attachment 924478
Welcome to my world...

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Is that a leather sole? Is that the difference between the Elgin and the Rush St?
The leather is different, too. Rush St is chromexel, Elgin is dublin just like the old school McTavish.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap. Another stupid spam redirect from here...
I had a bunch of those earlier. Blasted some nonsense over my speaker at work.

danwatts2005

Reaction score
The leather is different, too. Rush St is chromexel, Elgin is dublin just like the old school McTavish.

Thank you. The photos of the Elgin and the golden brown Rush St make it look the same. I wore my old school McT's today, and was thinking how much more I like CXL over their Dublin leather. Nothing wrong with Dublin; I just like CXL better.

txmusician

Reaction score

Shoes4play

Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My size with regard to the Indy line is 9.5B. With the Indy line a 9D just has too much volume. But the 9D in the Stirling was perfect. Even a bit tight across the ball of the foot. To me, the Stirling has less volume than shoes on the same last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy